Picture St. Marys

Results

We found
38
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Five People in Rowboat
    Image       None
    Image     None
  • Water Street Bridge View
    Image       A photo taken by Milton Reesor in the early 20th century. The photo features the gate across the entrance to the Flats and the steel-truss Water Street Bridge in the background of the photo. This photo gives an uncommon view showing the Flats being fenced off with access across a ...
    Image     A photo taken by Milton Reesor in the early 20th century. The photo features the gate across the entrance to the Flats and the steel-truss Water Street Bridge in the ...
  • Glengowan Bridge
    Image       The Glengowan Bridge shown in this photo is near the site of McKay Mill three miles outside of St. Marys. The mill itself burned to the ground in 1876 but was later reconstructed as Glengowan Mill, sharing the name of the bridge. The bridge that is shown in the photo ...
    Image     The Glengowan Bridge shown in this photo is near the site of McKay Mill three miles outside of St. Marys. The mill itself burned to the ground in 1876 but ...
  • Carousel at Street Fair, 1904
    Image       "Merry-Go-Round at Street Fair. June '04"
    Image     "Merry-Go-Round at Street Fair. June '04"
  • Glengowan
    Image       "GLENGOWAN"
    Image     "GLENGOWAN"
  • Train Going Over London Bridge
    Image       This is a photograph of a train going across the London Bridge over Trout Creek. The London Bridge opened for traffic in 1858, a year after Grand Trunk Railway announced plans to open a railway line to London and Sarnia from St. Marys. Two bridges were built: the London Bridge ...
    Image     This is a photograph of a train going across the London Bridge over Trout Creek. The London Bridge opened for traffic in 1858, a year after Grand Trunk Railway announced ...
  • Boat House, September
    Image       This photo shows the boat house that was once located on Milt Dunnell Field (the flats) on the left, and the Parkview Creamery and Water Street Bridge in the middle. In 1919, when this photo was taken, the creamery would have been under ownership of T. J. Stillman. The creamery ...
    Image     This photo shows the boat house that was once located on Milt Dunnell Field (the flats) on the left, and the Parkview Creamery and Water Street Bridge in the middle. ...
  • Bridge Leading to 169 Ingersoll Street, 1980s
    Image       This bridge was once an extension of a laneway leading to the house located at 169 Ingersoll Street in St. Marys. It allowed residents of the home to easily travel over the railway tracks below. The property would become known for being the home of the local Ruthig family. In ...
    Image     This bridge was once an extension of a laneway leading to the house located at 169 Ingersoll Street in St. Marys. It allowed residents of the home to easily travel ...
  • Victoria Bridge on the Thames River, 1900
    Image       "Victoria Bridge on the Thames River, 1900", St. Marys Museum, Reesor050.
    Image     "Victoria Bridge on the Thames River, 1900", St. Marys Museum, Reesor050.
  • Four Men on the Millrace
    Image       "In the Good Old Summer Time", on the Thames.
    Image     "In the Good Old Summer Time", on the Thames.
  • Boys fishing beneath the falls (2 pictures)
    Image       Photo of a group of boys fishing at the falls in the Thames River in St. Marys. In 1851ph_a, in the foreground the people are identified from left to right as Don Washington, Jack Lloyd, Lawrence Ellis and Bill Baynes.
    Image     Photo of a group of boys fishing at the falls in the Thames River in St. Marys. In 1851ph_a, in the foreground the people are identified from left to right ...
  • Train Going Over London Bridge
    Image       This is a photograph of the London Bridge, looking north. A train is moving southward across the bridge. The London Bridge opened for traffic in 1858, a year after Grand Trunk Railway announced plans to open a railway line to London and Sarnia from St. Marys. Two bridges were built: ...
    Image     This is a photograph of the London Bridge, looking north. A train is moving southward across the bridge. The London Bridge opened for traffic in 1858, a year after Grand ...
  • Looking East Over the Dam
    Image       This is a photograph of a postcard showing a view looking east over the dam. It appears to have been taken in the summer as there is no water going over the dam. The postcard provides an excellent view of the many bridges over Trout Creek in St. Marys. Although ...
    Image     This is a photograph of a postcard showing a view looking east over the dam. It appears to have been taken in the summer as there is no water going ...
  • Victoria Bridge and Millrace, 1979
    Image       This photograph shows the Victoria Bridge and Millrace in 1979. To the left of the millrace is Island Park. The water levels are very high and there is water pouring off of Island Park into the millrace.
    Image     This photograph shows the Victoria Bridge and Millrace in 1979. To the left of the millrace is Island Park. The water levels are very high and there is water pouring ...
  • Repairing the Church Street Bridge
    Image       This is a photograph of the Church Street Bridge when it was being rebuilt in 1979. The original Church Street Bridge was built to go over Trout Creek in 1884, designed by local builder Leon Clench.
    Image     This is a photograph of the Church Street Bridge when it was being rebuilt in 1979. The original Church Street Bridge was built to go over Trout Creek in 1884, ...
  • Grand Trunk Railway Station and London Bridge
    Image       This is a photograph of the Grand Trunk Railway Station (VIA Rail Station) and the London Bridge. Three cars are parked outside the station. The London Bridge opened for traffic in 1858, a year after Grand Trunk Railway announced plans to open a railway line to London and Sarnia from ...
    Image     This is a photograph of the Grand Trunk Railway Station (VIA Rail Station) and the London Bridge. Three cars are parked outside the station. The London Bridge opened for traffic ...
  • Water at Winter; Sarnia Bridge in Background
    Image       This photo shows a view of the Sarnia Bridge. The Sarnia Bridge served the Grand Trunk Railway for 130 years. In 1957, the Grand Trunk Railway announced that they would be opening two lines to St. Marys: one from Sarnia and one from London. The first train crossed the Sarnia ...
    Image     This photo shows a view of the Sarnia Bridge. The Sarnia Bridge served the Grand Trunk Railway for 130 years. In 1957, the Grand Trunk Railway announced that they would ...
  • Water Street Bridge, Creamery, and Church at Winter
    Image       This photo shows the boat house that was once located on Milt Dunnell Field (the flats) on the left, the Parkview Creamery in the middle and the Water Street Bridge on the right. In the background, you can see the spire of the Presbyterian Church. When this photo was taken, ...
    Image     This photo shows the boat house that was once located on Milt Dunnell Field (the flats) on the left, the Parkview Creamery in the middle and the Water Street Bridge ...
  • The Mill and Canadian Pacific Railroad Track
    Image       This photo shows the Canadian Pacific Railroad track, the old mill and the Victoria Bridge (Queen Street Bridge). The C.P.R. track, which used to carry product from the mills to their destinations, has since been removed and is now the Riverview Walkway. When it first arrived in St. Marys in ...
    Image     This photo shows the Canadian Pacific Railroad track, the old mill and the Victoria Bridge (Queen Street Bridge). The C.P.R. track, which used to carry product from the mills to ...
  • The Mill and Canadian Pacific Railroad Track
    Image       This photo shows the Canadian Pacific Railroad track, the old mill and the Victoria Bridge (Queen Street Bridge). The C.P.R. track, which used to carry product from the mills to their destinations, has since been removed and is now the Riverview Walkway. When it first arrived in St. Marys in ...
    Image     This photo shows the Canadian Pacific Railroad track, the old mill and the Victoria Bridge (Queen Street Bridge). The C.P.R. track, which used to carry product from the mills to ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Years
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit