Picture St. Marys

Results

We found
529
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • St. Marys Museum
    Image       Photo of the St. Marys Museum at 177 Church Street South in St. Marys. The back of the house is seen in this view (as well as the Woodworking Shed - at the left). An addition has since been added to the back of the house in order to create ...
    Image     Photo of the St. Marys Museum at 177 Church Street South in St. Marys. The back of the house is seen in this view (as well as the Woodworking Shed ...
  • Maple Lawn
    Imagecomment       Photo of a painting of Maple Lawn, a house on the east side of Line 19 between Medina and Kintore. The house was built by J.T Crellin in 1878.
    Imagecomment     Photo of a painting of Maple Lawn, a house on the east side of Line 19 between Medina and Kintore. The house was built by J.T Crellin in 1878.
  • Aerial view of St. Marys - Summer, 1986
    Image       Aerial photo of St. Marys looking north. The bend in the Thames River can be seen with old farmer fields seen in the background with homes, businesses, et cetera seen in the foreground.
    Image     Aerial photo of St. Marys looking north. The bend in the Thames River can be seen with old farmer fields seen in the background with homes, businesses, et cetera seen ...
  • 266 Queen Street East
    Image       Photo showing 266 Queen Street East (located on the southwest corner of Queen and James Streets). This home is on the former site of the old stone school.
    Image     Photo showing 266 Queen Street East (located on the southwest corner of Queen and James Streets). This home is on the former site of the old stone school.
  • 149 Wellington St. N., 1980s
    Image       This board and batten cottage was built in the late 1870s by local contractor Richard Kelly; Kelly rented the house to tenants. The cottage is symmetrical in its proportions but an addition has been added to the east side of the house. The house features a small porch and decorative ...
    Image     This board and batten cottage was built in the late 1870s by local contractor Richard Kelly; Kelly rented the house to tenants. The cottage is symmetrical in its proportions but ...
  • 196 Widder St. E., 1980s
    Image       This house located at 196 Widder Street East was built in 1873 by Scottish carpenters James Craig and James Hamilton for Craig and his family. Craig was a co-owner of the Craig and Hamilton Planing Mill in St. Marys once located at the corner of Water Street North and Parkview ...
    Image     This house located at 196 Widder Street East was built in 1873 by Scottish carpenters James Craig and James Hamilton for Craig and his family. Craig was a co-owner of ...
  • Westover, 300 Thomas St., 1980s
    Image       This house, now known as Westover, was built in 1867 for retired mill owner William Veal Hutton and his brother Joseph O. Hutton. The limestone house was designed by locally renowned architect Robert Barbour. In the 1870s, a two-storey addition was erected on the south side of the house. A ...
    Image     This house, now known as Westover, was built in 1867 for retired mill owner William Veal Hutton and his brother Joseph O. Hutton. The limestone house was designed by locally ...
  • 111 Widder St. E., 1980s
    Image       This is one of the oldest homes in St. Marys. It is a pre-1850s limestone house. The south portion of the house was likely built by James Allan circa 1848/49 who lived on the property with his family. Allan would later add an addition to the house in 1856. In ...
    Image     This is one of the oldest homes in St. Marys. It is a pre-1850s limestone house. The south portion of the house was likely built by James Allan circa 1848/49 ...
  • 345 Wellington St. S., 1980s
    Image       This storey and a half stone limestone house was built sometime before the 1861 census was taken in St. Marys. The house was first owned by James Elliott, it overlooked his quarry and kiln. Elliott was known for his work on the St. Marys Opera House which was constructed with ...
    Image     This storey and a half stone limestone house was built sometime before the 1861 census was taken in St. Marys. The house was first owned by James Elliott, it overlooked ...
  • 317 Wellington St. S., 1980s
    Image       This one-storey stone cottage has changed greatly since this photo was taken in the 1980s. A second storey addition has been built along with additions at the back of the house. The house was likely built c. 1869 for Scottish stonemason Isaacher Murray. The house featured a simple gable roof, ...
    Image     This one-storey stone cottage has changed greatly since this photo was taken in the 1980s. A second storey addition has been built along with additions at the back of the ...
  • 138 Wellington St. N., 1980s
    Image       This is one of St. Marys's oldest houses. It was built in the late 1840s for Dr. James Coleman, an early local medical practitioner. The house was constructed with logs and was later covered with clapboard siding. Coleman lived in the home with his wife Ann and their children Alathea, ...
    Image     This is one of St. Marys's oldest houses. It was built in the late 1840s for Dr. James Coleman, an early local medical practitioner. The house was constructed with logs ...
  • 130 Wellington St. N., 1980s
    Image       This house located at 130 Wellington Street North was built c. 1890 for local merchant Robert Dickson by architect George Gouinlock. Gouinlock was responsible for the design and construction of the current St. Marys Town Hall. The house became known locally as "Gray Gables". It is two and a half ...
    Image     This house located at 130 Wellington Street North was built c. 1890 for local merchant Robert Dickson by architect George Gouinlock. Gouinlock was responsible for the design and construction of ...
  • 109 Wellington St. N., 1980s
    Image       This house was built in 1874 for Dr. John H. Mathieson and his wife Mary Harrison, daughter of early settlers Milner Harrison and Catherine Howard. The house was built for Mathieson by Robert Barbour, an architect responsible for the design and construction of many notable houses in St. Marys. Dr. ...
    Image     This house was built in 1874 for Dr. John H. Mathieson and his wife Mary Harrison, daughter of early settlers Milner Harrison and Catherine Howard. The house was built for ...
  • 106 Wellington St. N., 1980s
    Image       This one-storey limestone house was built in the 1870s by locally renowned architect Robert Barbour for Fanny Adam. The house is known as one of Fanny Adam's four cottages. Fanny was married to John Adam, a local tavern keeper at the St. Marys Empire Hotel. After his passing in 1866, ...
    Image     This one-storey limestone house was built in the 1870s by locally renowned architect Robert Barbour for Fanny Adam. The house is known as one of Fanny Adam's four cottages. Fanny ...
  • 92 Wellington St. N., 1980s
    Image       This yellow-brick two-storey was built in 1889 for R.T. Gilpin. William Williams was the architect responsible for its design. The house later became known as the childhood home of Canadian poet David Donnell, born in St. Marys in 1939. Donnell's father, Arnold Donnell, taught classics at St. Marys Collegiate. The ...
    Image     This yellow-brick two-storey was built in 1889 for R.T. Gilpin. William Williams was the architect responsible for its design. The house later became known as the childhood home of Canadian ...
  • 35 Wellington St. N., 1980s
    Image       This house was built in 1882 for Donald McLarty, a blacksmith and carriage maker. He furnished most of the steel for the London and Sarnia railway bridges. McLarty built this home across the street from his blacksmith and carriage shop. The house was built in the Italianate style popular in ...
    Image     This house was built in 1882 for Donald McLarty, a blacksmith and carriage maker. He furnished most of the steel for the London and Sarnia railway bridges. McLarty built this ...
  • 481 Water St. S., 1980s
    Image       This house was built in the early 1850s by stonemason Alexander McDonald . McDonald 's work can be seen in several buildings and structures in St. Marys including the Junction Station, the London railway viaduct and the Victoria Bridge. McDonald built this house for rental income. It is a stone ...
    Image     This house was built in the early 1850s by stonemason Alexander McDonald . McDonald 's work can be seen in several buildings and structures in St. Marys including the Junction ...
  • 136 Water St. S., 1980s
    Image       This limestone Ontario cottage was built in the mid to late 1860s. It is believed to have been built as a residence by James Whitson. Whitson was a stonecutter and mason who would later own a lime making business. He was also active in municipal politics from the 1870s to ...
    Image     This limestone Ontario cottage was built in the mid to late 1860s. It is believed to have been built as a residence by James Whitson. Whitson was a stonecutter and ...
  • 129 Water St. N., 1980s
    Image       This house was built c. 1889-1890 for John Bartlett. Bartlett was a local baker and grocer. He used the house for rental income and never lived in the house himself. The house would later become known as the home of the Harstone family. Leonard Harstone was a lawyer and town ...
    Image     This house was built c. 1889-1890 for John Bartlett. Bartlett was a local baker and grocer. He used the house for rental income and never lived in the house himself. ...
  • 105 Water St. S., 1980s
    Image       This limestone one-storey house was built c. 1863 for Frances Sophia Hill. In later years, post-1940, it would become known as the home of Walter Cull and his family. The house looks much different today than when this photo was taken in the mid-1980s. A restoration project was completed on ...
    Image     This limestone one-storey house was built c. 1863 for Frances Sophia Hill. In later years, post-1940, it would become known as the home of Walter Cull and his family. The ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit