Picture St. Marys

Results

We found
159
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Holy Name of Mary Catholic Church
    Image       The Holy Name of Mary Catholic Church is located at 149 King Street North. This Gothic Revival style stone church was built in 1892. This architectural style was commonly used in the construction of churches in Canada from the 1840s through the 1890s. The Gothic elements visible on this structure ...
    Image     The Holy Name of Mary Catholic Church is located at 149 King Street North. This Gothic Revival style stone church was built in 1892. This architectural style was commonly used ...
  • Widder Street East Drive Shed
    Image       This building, once located East of St. Marys Presbyterian Church on Widder Street, was demolished circa 1975. The building was originally built as a drive shed, a structure built for sheltering vehicles, farm machinery, and/or visitors' horses. The building was later converted to a hall for the Presbyterian Church. This ...
    Image     This building, once located East of St. Marys Presbyterian Church on Widder Street, was demolished circa 1975. The building was originally built as a drive shed, a structure built for ...
  • Detail - Railing on Wellington Street Bridge
    Image       This is a photo showing the detail of the railing on the Wellington Street Bridge in St. Marys, Ontario.
    Image     This is a photo showing the detail of the railing on the Wellington Street Bridge in St. Marys, Ontario.
  • Bridge Leading to 169 Ingersoll Street, 1980s
    Image       This bridge was once an extension of a laneway leading to the house located at 169 Ingersoll Street in St. Marys. It allowed residents of the home to easily travel over the railway tracks below. The property would become known for being the home of the local Ruthig family. In ...
    Image     This bridge was once an extension of a laneway leading to the house located at 169 Ingersoll Street in St. Marys. It allowed residents of the home to easily travel ...
  • Knox Presbyterian Church, 1898
    Image       "Knox Presbyterian Church St. Marys"
    Image     "Knox Presbyterian Church St. Marys"
  • 253 Elgin St. E., 1980s
    Image       This photo provides a view of the house located at 253 Elgin Street East as it would have appeared in the early 1980s. This grand two-storey yellow brick home is still standing today. The house contains Romanesque-Revival features such as the arched windows and the rounded, ornamental brickwork acting as ...
    Image     This photo provides a view of the house located at 253 Elgin Street East as it would have appeared in the early 1980s. This grand two-storey yellow brick home is ...
  • 285 Emily St., 1980s
    Image       This stone house, built c. 1861, is still standing to this day. This photo provides a view of the home as it appeared in the early 1980s. The house was built for Andrew Forrester and his family, a local farmer and carpenter. By 1863 Forrester established a flax mill on ...
    Image     This stone house, built c. 1861, is still standing to this day. This photo provides a view of the home as it appeared in the early 1980s. The house was ...
  • 524 Elgin St. W., 1980s
    Image       This house at 524 Elgin Street West was built for Robert White, a farmer and freeholder, c. 1878. The house and property was eventually sold to Robert White's son, Robert White Jr. who also farmed on the property. By 1885 the house was no longer owned by the White family ...
    Image     This house at 524 Elgin Street West was built for Robert White, a farmer and freeholder, c. 1878. The house and property was eventually sold to Robert White's son, Robert ...
  • 322 Emily St., 1980s
    Image       This two-storey brick villa was built in 1860 for John Robinson. Robinson worked as a civil engineer who was responsible for the construction of the Sarnia Bridge for the Grand Trunk Railway. In 1863 the house was sold to Milner and Catharine Harrison. The couple had turned over their successful ...
    Image     This two-storey brick villa was built in 1860 for John Robinson. Robinson worked as a civil engineer who was responsible for the construction of the Sarnia Bridge for the Grand ...
  • 236 Emily St., 1980s
    Image       This house located at 236 Emily Street is still standing today. This image shows the house as it looked in the early 1980s. Structurally, the house looks similar today; however, some updates have been made to the exterior in recent years. This lot is believed to have first been owned ...
    Image     This house located at 236 Emily Street is still standing today. This image shows the house as it looked in the early 1980s. Structurally, the house looks similar today; however, ...
  • 169 Ingersoll St., 1980s
    Image       This photograph was taken in the early 1980s and shows the house located at 169 Ingersoll Street. The house was built in the mid-1870s for Patrick Whelihan, who ran a farm on the surrounding land. Whelihan also worked as a merchant for several years. In 1871 he was given the ...
    Image     This photograph was taken in the early 1980s and shows the house located at 169 Ingersoll Street. The house was built in the mid-1870s for Patrick Whelihan, who ran a ...
  • Guest House, Emily St., 1980s
    Image       This house, once located on the Thames River off of Emily Street, was built for local politician T.B. Guest. The house was demolished in the 1980s, shortly after this photograph was taken. Guest was elected the first Mayor of St. Marys in 1864. This large brick home was built for ...
    Image     This house, once located on the Thames River off of Emily Street, was built for local politician T.B. Guest. The house was demolished in the 1980s, shortly after this photograph ...
  • 219-221 Queen St. E., 1980s
    Image       This white clapboard house located at 219-221 Queen Street East is still standing today with few changes made to the home. This photograph gives a view of the house as it looked in the early 1980s. The two-storey house features a very large window on the lower lever, return eaves ...
    Image     This white clapboard house located at 219-221 Queen Street East is still standing today with few changes made to the home. This photograph gives a view of the house as ...
  • 194 Elgin St. W., 1980s
    Image       This photo shows the house once located at 194 Elgin Street West; this property has been demolished. The image was taken in the early 1980s. The house features several Greek Revival style elements popular in the mid to late 19th century such as the pediment over the door and the ...
    Image     This photo shows the house once located at 194 Elgin Street West; this property has been demolished. The image was taken in the early 1980s. The house features several Greek ...
  • Knox Presbyterian Church
    Image       A photo taken by amateur photographer Milton Reesor, showing the Knox Presbyterian Church in the early 20th century. This was the second Presbyterian church on this site as the first, built in 1878, was destroyed by fire in 1891. This church would later burn down as well in 1905. The ...
    Image     A photo taken by amateur photographer Milton Reesor, showing the Knox Presbyterian Church in the early 20th century. This was the second Presbyterian church on this site as the first, ...
  • Ardmore Park, 186 Salina St. S., 1980s
    Image       This house located at 186 Salina St. S. in the 1980s (the address is now Westover Street) has been the residence of several notable St. Marys residents throughout history. The house is a Regency style cottage built of limestone in the 1850s. The house was built by Joseph Osmond Hutton, ...
    Image     This house located at 186 Salina St. S. in the 1980s (the address is now Westover Street) has been the residence of several notable St. Marys residents throughout history. The ...
  • Ardmore Park, 186 Salina St. S, 1980s
    Image       This house located at 186 Salina St. S. in the 1980s (the address is now Westover Street) has been the residence of several notable St. Marys residents throughout history. The house is a Regency style cottage built of limestone in the 1850s. The house was built by Joseph Osmond Hutton, ...
    Image     This house located at 186 Salina St. S. in the 1980s (the address is now Westover Street) has been the residence of several notable St. Marys residents throughout history. The ...
  • 248 Church St. S., 1980s
    Image       A photo featuring the house located at 248 Church Street South. The house was built c. 1854 by Scottish stonemason William Falconer Sr. This stone house appears one level from the street but has been built into a hill with the basement level being utilized. The house was built with ...
    Image     A photo featuring the house located at 248 Church Street South. The house was built c. 1854 by Scottish stonemason William Falconer Sr. This stone house appears one level from ...
  • Residence of Robert Whitworth, 358 Jones St. E.
    Image       "Residence of Mr. Robt. Whitworth"
    Image     "Residence of Mr. Robt. Whitworth"
  • 44 St. Andrew Street South
    Image       This house at 44 St. Andrew Street South was built for Frank E. Butcher, a local businessman, in 1898. Butcher’s son, jeweler Ellison Butcher, lived in this house for some time. It was likely constructed by builder William Pulleyblank; however, there is no documented evidence of this. This house was ...
    Image     This house at 44 St. Andrew Street South was built for Frank E. Butcher, a local businessman, in 1898. Butcher’s son, jeweler Ellison Butcher, lived in this house for some ...
Search within these results
Sort
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit