1980s Photo of a man standing next to a small building that is located on the corner of the lot belonging to 143 Water Street South.
The St. Marys Museum has done some research on this small building. Some uses in the past have been:
-Surgery area for vet William Gibb V.S. (ca. 1909-10)
-later used by...
1980s Postcard view of the St. Marys VIA station taken in the mid-1980s before the station underwent a restoration.
In this view we see the station with a truck parked at the side and two women heading towards the platform. A train is making its way to the station. Condition: Very good. Just some...
1984 Photo of St. James Anglican Church located at 65 Church Street South, St. Marys.
The original church (the middle section of the church overall now), was built in 1858 with the tower being added in 1885 (as well as other renovations being performed to enhance the church's interior and exterior)....
...Photo taken in 1984
showing the dam, the Sarnia railway bridge and the Flats can also be seen with cars parked around (now called Milt Dunnell Field)....
1984 Photo showing Queen Street looking west from the corner of Queen and Church. Cars can be seen parked on the street and a few of the businesses' signs can be seen (such as J.B. Tudor, Ray Bennett, Mike's Barbershop, etc.). A sign saying "Museum" pointing south down Church Street can be seen...
1984 Photo of the Knox Apartments located on the former site of the Knox Presbyterian Church (northwest corner of Church and Elgin Streets). The building was constructed in 1980 (see St. Marys Journal Argus, May 21, 1980 - page 3). Condition: Very good (obviously was a bright day).
...Photo showing the M&M Store (corner building) and the Royal Edward Hotel (building on the left) as they appeared in 1984
. At this time the Victoria bridge was being repaired so a sign can be seen saying that the bridge is out....
...View of St. Marys looking north along the Thames River (summer, 1984
). The Queen Street bridge is out as it is being repaired and the Sarnia railway bridge can be seen far off in the distance.
The old railway tracks are still down by the river as well as the old silos out behind the Opera House....
1984 View of Trout Creek showing the Water Street bridge along with the Creamery restaurant building (which once operated as a creamery). Condition: Very good except for creases at corners.
1984 Photo of the Church Street bridge looking from the west. Trout Creek can be seen running in the foreground and beneath the bridge. Condition: Very good - watch for glue remnants on the back.
1984 View of the Wellington Street bridge looking east. This photo was taken before the flood wall wall was put up.
The Church Street bridge can be seen in behind the Wellington Street bridge. Condition: Very good.
1984 Photo showing the Royal Bank building, the Andrews Jeweller building and the Thames Restaurant building located on the north side of Queen Street starting at the northeast corner of Queen and Wellington Streets.
Cars can be seen parked in front of the Andrews and Thames Restaurant buildings with...
...Photo of the St. Marys Journal Argus taken in 1984
. Ads for various businesses and garage sales (et cetera) can be seen posted to the windows.
142 Queen Street East is now the location of The Chocolate Factory....
1984 Photo of the exterior of Waghorn, Stephens and De Young law office located at 21 Wellington Street North. Condition: Very good. Glue remnants on back.
1984 Photo showing Queen Street looking west from the southeast corner of Queen and Church Streets. The Toronto Dominion Bank (now TD Canada Trust) can be seen on the northwest corner (its entrance is now located on Church Street, whereas in this photo it is on Queen Street). Condition: Very good. ...
1984 Photo showing Queen Street looking east from the southeast corner of Queen and Water Streets.
On the north side of the street we can see (from left to right) Marty's Men's and Ladies' Shop, Pro Hardware, Simpson-Sears, A&N Store, Claude Electrics, Victoria and Grey (on northwest corner of Queen...
1984 Photo showing the VIA Station (CN station) before work was done to restore it. Condition: Very good.
1984 Photo showing the St. Marys Water Tower (left side of photo), and the Queen Street overpass (right). Behind the overpass the VIA Station can also be seen. Condition: Very good.
1984 Photo showing the London railway bridge going over Trout Creek. We are looking south up to St. George Street and can see the water tower in the distance. A little walking bridge can be seen going over Trout Creek as well. Condition: Very good.
1984 Photo showing 266 Queen Street East (located on the southwest corner of Queen and James Streets). This home is on the former site of the old stone school. Condition: Very good.