1981 Photo of the United Church which is located at 85 Church Street South in St. Marys.
This Church was built in 1879 as a Methodist Church. On June 10, 1925, the Methodist church officially became The St. Marys United Church, with the Methodists and some of the members of the two Presbyterian...
1981 Photo of St. James Anglican Church which is located at 65 Church Street South, St. Marys.
The original church (the middle section of the church overall now), was built in 1858 with the tower being added in 1885 (as well as other renovations being performed to enhance the church's interior and...
1981 Photo of the First Baptist Church located at 34 Church Street South in St. Marys, Ontario.
The Baptist Church was established in St. Marys in 1867 with this building built and opened by 1902. Condition: Excellent.
...Photo of Holy Name of Mary Roman Catholic Church located at 149 King Street North. This photo was taken in 1981
, so the Parish Hall is not in existence at this point (which would be located on the back right side of the building).
The Church was built in 1892 in the Gothic style of architecture....
1981 Photo of 9 Robinson Street which once housed the Baptist Tabernacle and before that had housed the St. Marys Registry office.
From 1873 to 1935 the building served as a separate registry office. From then until about 2003 the building was then used as a tabernacle.
Since then it has been...
...Photo of the Gospel Hall which is located at 632 Jones Street East in St. Marys, Ontario.
This is how it appeared in 1981
. Since then, it appears to have undergone many renovations.
...Photo of the First Presbyterian Church located at 147 Widder Street East. This is how it appeared in 1981
. Since then it has undergone some renovations including an addition to the Church to make more room for the very popular Sunday school.
Was built in 1879-80 for the Presbyterians, using...
December 14, 1981
...Maxwell oat roller
l-r Louis Martin, Don Vanstone and Joe Gardner examine the oat roller as it is returned to Maxwell's (now Allied Farm Equipment) for storage as one of the first pieces in the St. Marys District Museum's Maxwell Collection.
December 14, 1981
...Photo of the St. Marys Museum in the summer of 1981
. The Museum is located at 177 Church Street South....
...Photo of Dick MacPherson who was the Mayor of St. Marys in 1981
-81. Mr. MacPherson also runs M&M Variety Store with his wife, which is located on Queen and Water Streets in St. Marys. M&M has been a popular variety store for many years....
...Photo of the St. Marys Town Council of 1981
-2. This formal inauguration photograph was taken in the Council Chambers, St. Marys Town Hall.
The six councillors are in the back row. They are, left to right:
Harvey Dust, Jamie Hahn, Ella Cox, Ernie Tucker, Bryan Shaw, Gerald Teahen