Photo of the St. Marys Town Council all posed at a long table with the Mayor sitting front row-centre. Condition: Very good - normal wear.
October 1, 1980
...This came from the October 1, 1980
copy of the St. Marys Journal Argus (page 4). It is described as such:
"View from the North Ward looking south along Church Street, circa 1891. Building directly above carriage is the mill which stood where the Old Mill Apartments are now located. Towers...
ca. 1980 Photo of the First Presbyterian Church located on Widder Street. The photo shows the west side of the building and the stone wall in front. Condition: Okay - good. Some creases and wear.
...Photo of the Knox Apartments located on the former site of the Knox Presbyterian Church (northwest corner of Church and Elgin Streets). The building was constructed in 1980
(see St. Marys Journal Argus, May 21, 1980
- page 3)....
...Photo of a building at 223 Water Street South. This photograph was taken in the summer of 1980
as part of a Museum project to photograph limestone structures in St. Marys. This particular house was built in the mid-1800s set close to Water Street. Tradition says that it was once a storefront...
Possibly the late 1970s, Photo of a group of people (adult males and male children) standing around a model train set. One child (in the foreground) is playing with a train with some of the other people watching him and laughing. Condition: Good. Bent and creased in corners.
1980 This photo was taken from the corner of Church Street and Queen Street showing the town hall. This building was finished in 1891 after the older wooden town hall was destroyed by fire in 1889. The Building Committee was chaired by Dr. Mathieson who pushed for a large stone building. This led to a...
1980 This view of the downtown was taken from Church Street looking west down Queen Street. Several businesses are visible including McIntyre Drugs, J. B. Tudor and Ray Bennett. None of these businesses remain today but the buildings and store fronts are still present and in use. Photo is in excellent...
1980 This image shows the cement plant after the 1977 expansion. Construction on the original facility began in 1911 and proved challenging as hydro power had to be pulled from Niagara. It also required an increased need for rail services. Even before construction work began, there had been talks with...
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Only the top 50 will appear here.