Photo of three women sitting at switchboards and another sitting at a desk. The one woman is identified as Jean White. Condition: Very good condition. Tiny stain. Telephone switchboard across from town hall
Seated is Jean White
Photo of a boy standing smiling in a garden wearing a jacket and tie whole holding onto a pageboy hat.
The boy has been identified as Bob McIntyre who's family owned the McIntyre Drugstore downtown St. Marys. Condition: Good. Some bends and folds. Bobbie McIntyre
ca. 1940? Photo of the southwest corner of Queen and Wellington Streets showing the original entrance to the Province of Ontario bank (now Desjardins, with the entrance where the drugstore is in this photo).
Just a bit down the street, it appears work is being done to one of the buildings with...
Photo of the St. Marys Cement band. The band members are all dressed in Scottish dress holding onto their instruments. Another man in a suit is standing off to the side, along with a baby sitting in the middle on top of the drum with the company's logo on it. Condition: Good. Some creases and...
Photo of the Maxwell band posed in suits and ties with band hats on. They are each holding their instruments and are in front of a stone building that has the words "Maxwell/Maple Leaf/Band Rooms" stamped on the shutters. One of the members has been labeled "George" in pen. Condition: Okay. ...
Photo of the Eedy house located at 252 Queen Street East. The Eedy's had owned the St. Marys Journal and later the St. Marys Journal Argus up until about a decade ago. This home has been in the family for years and consists of an Italianate style home and cottage.
This photo comes from a...
...Photo of seven members of the 1940
St. Marys Junior Farmers.
They are identified as (left to right) -
Back row: Lloyd Nethercott, Hartwell Epplett, Charlie Somerville
Front row: Arnold Robinson, Bob Finnie, Don Simpson, Alec McDonald....
...Photo of the original porch on 165 Queen Street West taken around 1940
The photo shows a decorative wooden covered area and stairs. See 2004 photo for how this looks now....
...Photo of the Cox & Son Service Station that was once located in the East Ward. The photo was taken around 1940
Signs for Goodrich tires can be seen on the top of the building and at the front of the building. A Coca-Cola advertising sign can be seen on the side and a Shell sign can also...
Photo of a group of boys fishing at the falls in the Thames River in St. Marys.
The little boy (2nd from left in 1851ph_a) has been identified as William Lloyd. Condition: Both are in good condition with some bends and/or creases in the photo. 1851ph_b is also yellowed.
Possibly 1937 Photo showing uprooted trees after a windstorm in the southwest corner of Cadzow Park. Condition: Fair. Photograph is slightly torn along the top edge as well as creased.
...Photo of the grade two class at Central school in 1940
They are identified from left to right as:
Back row - Ronald Holman, Bobby Cousins, Alan Sterritt, Fred Anderson, Ronald May, Ronald Bailey, Finny Cappa, Billy Evans, Tom or Dan Kelly, George Batch, Ernie Hemphill, Helen Whetstone (teacher...
Photo of the Thames River and the dam that ran across. The Sarnia railroad bridge can be seen in the background as well as the North Ward. The grandstand at the Flats is also visible. Condition: Very good.
Photo showing the Thames River looking from the east bank looking north towards the Victoria bridge (Queen Street). The Opera House is visible with all the milling silos and other such buildings present. Condition: Very good.
Photo of three men posed together downtown St. Marys.
They are identified as (from left to right):
Tommy Farr, Frank Smith and David Farr. Condition: Okay. Worn and ripped at the bottom.
Photo showing Queen Street looking west from the southeast corner of Queen and Church Streets.
Duggens' clothing store can be seen on the southwest corner with Allen's theatre, McIntyre's Rexall Dry Goods store seen on the north side of Queen.
A "Silent Policeman" can be seen in the middle of...
1940 Photo of a squatter's home, that was located on the west side of St. George Street South between the street and the railway tracks. The water tower can be seen in the background as well as the old C.N. overpass over Queen Street. This cottage is probably a remnant of the small houses built to...
...Photo of the St. Marys Quarry taken sometime in the 1940
s. A group of people are standing near the water , many in bathing suits. There is a man in uniform at the left, suggesting this is a hot summer day during World War II or shortly after. By 1950, the Quarry was being run as a swimming...
...View of Harstone House, Water Street North, St. Marys, ca. 1940
...Beautiful photo of 137 Water Street North taken around 1940
. The photo shows the home's beautiful and elaborately detailed verandah and the surrounding trees.
This specific home was built around 1879 for James Coleman....