...Photo of the interior of 167 Church Street South (next door to the St. Marys Museum). This photo would have been taken around 1935
when the home was Dr. Brown's residence. It shows the tower room's southwest corner....
ca. 1930s Photo of the interior of the St. Marys Journal Argus press room. Many machines can be seen as well as a few men.
Pictured from left to right are:
Larry Grose (linotype - sets type)
Paul McMellan (pressman)
Eli Grose (foreman)
Bob Hicks (apprentice) Condition: Good. Some slight staining with...
ca. 1935 Photo of a marching band going east up Queen Street. The building at the corner is the former White and May Co. store (the building now replaced by the current Scotiabank building). Condition: Good copy - though there is an orange stain at the bottom left side.
Photo of Jack Sgariglia's Fruit Store at the new location of 122 Queen Street East (had been at 99 Queen Street East). In front of the Jack's Fruit Store sign a cut out of Santa and his reindeers can be seen (decorated for Christmas). Signs advertising Coca Cola can be seen on the door, in each...
Photo of the sign out front of Jack's Fruit Store after it was relocated to 122 Queen street East. Condition: Very good copy. Jack's
Photo of the C.P.R. Station that used to be located by the Thames River just behind Water Street (railway line has now been converted into a walking trail). Condition: Copy is good.
ca. 1930s Photo of the staff at the St. Marys Collegiate taken sometime in the 1930s.
Some have been identified (from left to right) -
Front row: *unknown*, *unknown*, Frances O'Brien, Annie McIntosh, *unknown*, Miss Fugler
Back row: *unknown*, *unknown*, *unknown*, Mr. Seggie, Arnold Dunnell, Erskine...
Photo of two trees framed around the Victoria Bridge that goes over the Thames River in St. Marys. Condition: Good. Trees show up dark, and bridge is kind of "foggy" looking (edited digitally to bring out more detail in trees).
... Snoddy, Art Richardson, Lee Grose, Bob Geddes, Fred Fox, John Alberts, Harry Arrell, Art Jackson, Morrison Campbell
Photo showing the former CPR Hotel (now demolished).
This hotel was once located on the east side of Water Street South at Jones Street. Condition: Good - some yellowing.
Photo of 415 Jones Street East, a home located on the southeast corner of Jones and Huron Streets.
Until recently the house had been painted a yellow tone (but is now blue). The trellises have been removed. Condition: Good copy.
Negative available as well as a photocopy.
Parade passing Northwest Corner of Queen and Wellington Streets. A band is playing in the parade. White and May Co. Limited can be seen on the corner. condition: very good.
May 6, 1935
...Celebration of King George V Silver Jubilee (25 years) outside of the St. Marys Town Hall. May 6, 1935
The photo shows many school children wearing paper hats. The street is lined with cars. Members of the Second Machine Gun Battalion, veterans of the Great War are in attendance.
Photo of the St. Marys United Church Choir. They are all wearing their choir robes.
Choir members in the photograph
Back row (left to right): Jack White, Peter Munnoch, Hubert Dickson, Percy Butcher, Frank May, Welldon Evans, Walter Clark, T. McDonald
Second row (left to right): Mrs. Gleason,...