Postcard view of the Cement Works located in St. Marys.
Limestone has played a big part as an industry in St. Marys - first with quarrying and now with the cement plant. "Cement Works, St. Marys, Ont."
Photo of White & May Co. taken at dark. The display windows show off some of the merchandise of the store and are lighted while the rest of the photo is very dark (can just make out "White" in the sign above).
White & May Co. once existed where the ScotiaBank building now stands on the corner...
Photo of 266 Jones Street East, located on the corner of Jones Street East and James Street South. This photo shows the house how it once appeared - it is now sided rather than exposing the cement block used on the exterior. Condition: Copy is excellent.
Photo of the Thames Quarry of St. Marys. It shows machinery, buildings, water in the pit and a lot of limestone. Condition: Good. Some bends and bumps as well as some marks. THAMES QUARRY ST' MARYS ONT
Photo of four men posed in front of a building. They are identified as Jos. Albert, Ted Bradley, George Aldis and Freddy Fox and are posed outside of Richardson's. Condition: Good. Dirty and creased - but looks good. On back:
George Aldice (then corrected...
The Boathouse which was once located on the Flats (Milt Dunnell Field). Water can be seen in front of the building with some trees evident in the back. Condition: Copy is good - original doesn't appear to have been the best.
Photo of Lorne Eedy (1881-1946) the publisher of the St. Marys Journal and later the St. Marys Journal Argus (after they were merged).
He is pictured here wearing round glasses with his hair parted off to the side. His suit is striped with a polka dot tie. Condition: Fair. Has silvered...
Photocopy of a photo showing 224 Elgin Street East, the former home of the Lancasters. Condition: Photocopy of photo - missing detail.
Photo of 178 Queen Street West - the "Coupland House" (located on the corner of Queen and Ontario Streets).
This view shows the early verandah on the house. Condition: Good. Some simple wear. Obviously removed from an album. On back:
Queen & Ontario
View of London Bridge
- looking north; Catholic Church steeple
- people beside the tracks Condition: Okay. Both copies are in good condition, but are very dark. Both have white spots in different places (processing problem?)
Photo of the dam on Trout Creek and of Mill Race Island, which is heavily treed.
This photo was taken before the dam was built on the Thames River.
It was possibly taken by Francis Dale. Condition. Poor. Very dirty. Orange/yellow colour, very hard to see image. Handle carefully.
A photograph showing the various bridges that cross over Trout Creek in St. Marys. The building to the left of the photo is the old curling club. The image was used as a postcard.
In the foreground is the Wellington Street Bridge, built in 1910. The Church Street Bridge can be seen to the right...
This photograph shows the exterior of Richardson & Hansen Ltd., once located on James Street South (east side). The firm Richardson & Hansen Ltd. was formed in 1921 when Richard Hansen of Tavistock Ont. proposed the idea of Richardson's making Rennet and cheese colour. Richardson & Hansen was...
A photo showing the storage sheds at the site of Richardson & Hansen Ltd. The company was located on James Street South (east side). The firm Richardson & Hansen Ltd. was formed in 1921 when Richard Hansen of Tavistock, Ont. proposed the idea of Richardson's making Rennet and cheese colour. The...