July 19, 1899
...Photo of the A. Beattie & Co. storefront, with the staff all standing out front. This photo was taken July 19, 1899
during the Old Boys' Reunion.
The people have been identified as:
J.D. Stanley, G. Sutherland, Geo. Ross, Miss Lovell, M. Delmage, A.J. Lovell, Harry Robinson, Etta _________, Jas...
Postmarked September 13, 1910 Postcard view of the Thames River at the easterly half Near and Mathieson's dam on the Thames at Front Street. Condition: Fair. Very worn with some dirt. On the Thames / St. Marys, Ont.
Published for L.H. Reesor, St. Marys, Ont. 1920
1899 Photo showing the Town Hall with bursts of water going up as a demonstration of the new waterworks.
The streets were all dug up so that iron pipes could be put in to be attached to a stone and steel water tower (which was built).
A big group of people are standing at Church and Queen. Condition:...
A photo showing the dam at Near & Mathieson's Mill on the Thames River. The mill was located downstream from the Park Street Bridge. At this time the grist mill was abandoned; however, the dam remained. The mill was owned by miller George Mathieson and John Near. It was formerly known as Knight &...
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Only the top 50 will appear here.