Postmarked Nov 21, 1903 Postcard view of the former Knox Presbyterian church which was located on Church Street South across from St. James Anglican church.
The first Knox Presbyterian Church in St. Marys was built in 1879, but was destroyed by fire in 1891, as was its replacement in 1905. By the 1950s the congregation...
...Photo of the St. Marys Fire Brigade taken around 1889
inside the fire hall. We are inside the building with the men far along the other side of the room....
...Photocopy of a newspaper photo and short write-up of the St. Marys baseball team of 1889
The men are identified as:
Back Row (L-R) - Geo. A. Graham, Gilbert McIntyre, Geo. Johnson, Jack Hoover, Wm. Moyes
Centre (L-R) - Bill McIntyre, Jim MacDonald, Solan Ford, Arthur Hollis
Front (L-R) - W...
This photograph give a view of the London Bridge looking east. The London Bridge was built over Trout Creek, seen in this photo. The London Bridge was constructed in 1857, after the opening of a new branch of the Grand Trunk rail line. The bridge is still in use today.
The photograph is believed...
This photo gives a view of the North Ward in St. Marys. The photograph was taken looking North from Trout Creek. Both the Presbyterian Church (left) and the Catholic Church (right) are visible in this photograph. The picture is believed to have been taken by James Leary, a local photographer who...
This photo gives a view of the Thames River looking South. The Sarnia Bridge, a railway bridge built 1858, is visible in the distance. This photo is believed to have been taken by James Leary, a local photographer who owned a photography studio in St. Marys from 1882 to 1896.
Condition: Poor -...
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Only the top 50 will appear here.