Picture St. Marys

Results

We found
81
matching items
Contributors
St. Marys Museum
  
Decade
1980-1989
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Knox Apartments
    Image       Photo of the Knox Apartments located on the former site of the Knox Presbyterian Church (northwest corner of Church and Elgin Streets). The building was constructed in 1980 (see St. Marys Journal Argus, May 21, 1980 - page 3).
    Image     Photo of the Knox Apartments located on the former site of the Knox Presbyterian Church (northwest corner of Church and Elgin Streets). The building was constructed in 1980 (see St. ...
  • St. Marys Presbyterian Church, ca. 1980
    Image       Photo of the First Presbyterian Church located on Widder Street. The photo shows the west side of the building and the stone wall in front.
    Image     Photo of the First Presbyterian Church located on Widder Street. The photo shows the west side of the building and the stone wall in front.
  • Down Town St. Marys
    Image       This view of the downtown was taken from Church Street looking west down Queen Street. Several businesses are visible including McIntyre Drugs, J. B. Tudor and Ray Bennett. None of these businesses remain today but the buildings and store fronts are still present and in use.
    Image     This view of the downtown was taken from Church Street looking west down Queen Street. Several businesses are visible including McIntyre Drugs, J. B. Tudor and Ray Bennett. None of ...
  • St. Marys Townhall
    Image       This photo was taken from the corner of Church Street and Queen Street showing the town hall. This building was finished in 1891 after the older wooden town hall was destroyed by fire in 1889. The Building Committee was chaired by Dr. Mathieson who pushed for a large stone building. ...
    Image     This photo was taken from the corner of Church Street and Queen Street showing the town hall. This building was finished in 1891 after the older wooden town hall was ...
  • St. Marys Cement Plant
    Image       This image shows the cement plant after the 1977 expansion. Construction on the original facility began in 1911 and proved challenging as hydro power had to be pulled from Niagara. It also required an increased need for rail services. Even before construction work began, there had been talks with the ...
    Image     This image shows the cement plant after the 1977 expansion. Construction on the original facility began in 1911 and proved challenging as hydro power had to be pulled from Niagara. ...
  • Terry Fox Visiting St. Marys
    Image       This is a photo of Terry Fox during his visit to St. Marys on July 20th, 1980.
    Image     This is a photo of Terry Fox during his visit to St. Marys on July 20th, 1980.
  • View of North Ward looking south along Church Street, 1891
    Image       See description for caption from newspaper.
    Image     See description for caption from newspaper.
  • St. Marys Presbyterian Church - 147 Widder Street East
    Image       Photo of the First Presbyterian Church located at 147 Widder Street East. This is how it appeared in 1981. Since then it has undergone some renovations including an addition to the Church to make more room for the very popular Sunday school. Was built in 1879-80 for the Presbyterians, using ...
    Image     Photo of the First Presbyterian Church located at 147 Widder Street East. This is how it appeared in 1981. Since then it has undergone some renovations including an addition to ...
  • Gospel Hall - 632 Jones Street East
    Image       Photo of the Gospel Hall which is located at 632 Jones Street East in St. Marys, Ontario. This is how it appeared in 1981. Since then, it appears to have undergone many renovations.
    Image     Photo of the Gospel Hall which is located at 632 Jones Street East in St. Marys, Ontario. This is how it appeared in 1981. Since then, it appears to have ...
  • Baptist Tabernacle - 9 Robinson Street
    Image       Photo of 9 Robinson Street which once housed the Baptist Tabernacle and before that had housed the St. Marys Registry office. From 1873 to 1935 the building served as a separate registry office. From then until about 2003 the building was then used as a tabernacle. Since then it has ...
    Image     Photo of 9 Robinson Street which once housed the Baptist Tabernacle and before that had housed the St. Marys Registry office. From 1873 to 1935 the building served as a ...
  • Holy Name of Mary Roman Catholic Church - 149 King Street North
    Image       Photo of Holy Name of Mary Roman Catholic Church located at 149 King Street North. This photo was taken in 1981, so the Parish Hall is not in existence at this point (which would be located on the back right side of the building). The Church was built in 1892 ...
    Image     Photo of Holy Name of Mary Roman Catholic Church located at 149 King Street North. This photo was taken in 1981, so the Parish Hall is not in existence at ...
  • First Baptist Church - 34 Church Street South
    Image       Photo of the First Baptist Church located at 34 Church Street South in St. Marys, Ontario. The Baptist Church was established in St. Marys in 1867 with this building built and opened by 1902.
    Image     Photo of the First Baptist Church located at 34 Church Street South in St. Marys, Ontario. The Baptist Church was established in St. Marys in 1867 with this building built ...
  • Anglican Church - 65 Church Street South
    Image       Photo of St. James Anglican Church which is located at 65 Church Street South, St. Marys. The original church (the middle section of the church overall now), was built in 1858 with the tower being added in 1885 (as well as other renovations being performed to enhance the church's interior ...
    Image     Photo of St. James Anglican Church which is located at 65 Church Street South, St. Marys. The original church (the middle section of the church overall now), was built in ...
  • United Church - 85 Church Street South
    Image       Photo of the United Church which is located at 85 Church Street South in St. Marys. This Church was built in 1879 as a Methodist Church. On June 10, 1925, the Methodist church officially became The St. Marys United Church, with the Methodists and some of the members of the ...
    Image     Photo of the United Church which is located at 85 Church Street South in St. Marys. This Church was built in 1879 as a Methodist Church. On June 10, 1925, ...
  • Dick MacPherson
    Image       Photo of Dick MacPherson who was the Mayor of St. Marys in 1981-81. Mr. MacPherson also runs M&M Variety Store with his wife, which is located on Queen and Water Streets in St. Marys. M&M has been a popular variety store for many years.
    Image     Photo of Dick MacPherson who was the Mayor of St. Marys in 1981-81. Mr. MacPherson also runs M&M Variety Store with his wife, which is located on Queen and Water ...
  • St. Marys Town Council, 1981-2
    Image       Photo of the St. Marys Town Council of 1981-2. This formal inauguration photograph was taken in the Council Chambers, St. Marys Town Hall. The six councillors are in the back row. They are, left to right: Harvey Dust, Jamie Hahn, Ella Cox, Ernie Tucker, Bryan Shaw, Gerald Teahen Front row, ...
    Image     Photo of the St. Marys Town Council of 1981-2. This formal inauguration photograph was taken in the Council Chambers, St. Marys Town Hall. The six councillors are in the back ...
  • Victoria Bridge on the Thames
    Image       This photo shows the Thames River flowing under the Victoria Bridge on June 25th, 1981. A couple buildings are visible behind the bridge on either side of the river.
    Image     This photo shows the Thames River flowing under the Victoria Bridge on June 25th, 1981. A couple buildings are visible behind the bridge on either side of the river.
  • Victoria Bridge from the Thames River
    Image       This photo depicts the Victoria Bridge, as seen from the Thames River, just above the dam. This photo was taken on June 25th, 1981.
    Image     This photo depicts the Victoria Bridge, as seen from the Thames River, just above the dam. This photo was taken on June 25th, 1981.
  • Close-Up of Victoria Bridge
    Image       This photograph depicts a close-up of the Victoria Bridge over top of the Thames River on June 25th, 1981. The water level is low and the dam can be seen in the distance.
    Image     This photograph depicts a close-up of the Victoria Bridge over top of the Thames River on June 25th, 1981. The water level is low and the dam can be seen ...
  • Victoria Bridge
    Image       This photograph depicts a view of the Victoria Bridge over the Thames River. In the background, the Opera House and other buildings in Downtown St. Marys are visible.
    Image     This photograph depicts a view of the Victoria Bridge over the Thames River. In the background, the Opera House and other buildings in Downtown St. Marys are visible.
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Years
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit