Picture St. Marys

Results

We found
80
matching items
Item type(s)
Photographs
  
Decade
1950-1959
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Forsyth Limited Group Staff Photo, 1951
    Imagemystery       Forsyth Limited Group Staff Photo, 1951. * note: 2487ph shows Forsyth employees of 1950. Some of these people may be the same.
    Imagemystery     Forsyth Limited Group Staff Photo, 1951. * note: 2487ph shows Forsyth employees of 1950. Some of these people may be the same.
  • C. Richardson & Co Staff, 1950
    Imagemystery       C. Richardson & Co. Staff 1950.
    Imagemystery     C. Richardson & Co. Staff 1950.
  • John Forsyth Limited, St. Marys, June 1950.
    Imagemystery       John Forsyth Limited, St. Marys, June 1950. Portrait of all employees. back row (left to right): Carol Partridge,Kay Wilmore, Lillian Wastelle, Mrs. Jacques, Mrs. Weir,____________, _______ Bronzi, Reg Bradley, Bob Cousins, _______ Dundas, Marjorie Haines, Bianca Bronzi, Velma Hall, Eleanor Mossey, __________, Pauline Cavanaugh, ___________. third row (left to right): ...
    Imagemystery     John Forsyth Limited, St. Marys, June 1950. Portrait of all employees. back row (left to right): Carol Partridge,Kay Wilmore, Lillian Wastelle, Mrs. Jacques, Mrs. Weir,____________, _______ Bronzi, Reg Bradley, Bob ...
  • 178 Ontario Street
    Image       Home of Francis Anderson at 178 Ontario Street. This photograph shows a clear view of the property - not possible earlier because of shrubbery and not possible today because of additions to the house. Francis Anderson was a well-known local stonemason and his home is an example of his work. ...
    Image     Home of Francis Anderson at 178 Ontario Street. This photograph shows a clear view of the property - not possible earlier because of shrubbery and not possible today because of ...
  • Construction of Hinde and Dauch Plant
    Image       Construction of Hinde and Dauch Plant. December 3, 1957. Cranes can be seen working on the frame of the building.
    Image     Construction of Hinde and Dauch Plant. December 3, 1957. Cranes can be seen working on the frame of the building.
  • Construction of DeLong Factory
    Image       Construction of the De Long Factory, January 1958. This factory was built to replace the original De Long Factory on Emily Street. This building on Egan Avenue later housed Dresden Industries and was closed ca. 2003.
    Image     Construction of the De Long Factory, January 1958. This factory was built to replace the original De Long Factory on Emily Street. This building on Egan Avenue later housed Dresden ...
  • Constructing St. Marys Post Office
    Image       Photo showing the current post office being built (located on the corner of Wellington and Jones Streets). The foundation is seen with a crane and scaffolding also in view. There is also a nice view of the buildings on the south side of Wellington Street in the background. This photo ...
    Image     Photo showing the current post office being built (located on the corner of Wellington and Jones Streets). The foundation is seen with a crane and scaffolding also in view. There ...
  • Grads of 1952
    Imagemysterycomment       Photo of a large group of young women all standing in front of S. Ross Marriott Furniture store downtown St. Marys holding onto gift boxes. They are the female graduates of 1952 from St. Marys District Collegiate Institute. Note the saddle shoes and bobby socks that the girls are wearing ...
    Imagemysterycomment     Photo of a large group of young women all standing in front of S. Ross Marriott Furniture store downtown St. Marys holding onto gift boxes. They are the female graduates ...
  • View of dam and North Ward
    Image       Photo showing the Thames River and the dam as well as part of the North Ward.
    Image     Photo showing the Thames River and the dam as well as part of the North Ward.
  • View of St. Marys taken from the Sarnia Bridge
    Image       Photo showing the Thames River and St. Marys as seen from the Sarnia Bridge. The Grandstand on the Flats (now Milt Dunnell Field) can be seen as well as a church spire and the Queen Street bridge.
    Image     Photo showing the Thames River and St. Marys as seen from the Sarnia Bridge. The Grandstand on the Flats (now Milt Dunnell Field) can be seen as well as a ...
  • Third Knox Presbyterian Church, ca. 1950
    Image       Exterior view of the third Knox Presbyterian Church taken around 1950. The first Knox Presbyterian Church in St. Marys was built in 1879, but was destroyed by fire in 1891, as was its replacement in 1905. By the 1950s the congregation united with the other Presbyterian congregation, and in 1969 ...
    Image     Exterior view of the third Knox Presbyterian Church taken around 1950. The first Knox Presbyterian Church in St. Marys was built in 1879, but was destroyed by fire in 1891, ...
  • 52 Ontario Street South
    Imagecomment       The stone house at 52 Ontario Street South was originally built by a member of the Whelihan family but it is most closely associated with the family of Erskine Evans, long-time principal of St. Marys Collegiate Institute. In 2012, the property was owned by his son, William Evans. The front ...
    Imagecomment     The stone house at 52 Ontario Street South was originally built by a member of the Whelihan family but it is most closely associated with the family of Erskine Evans, ...
  • 221 Tracy Street
    Image       Photo of 221 Tracy Street, originally built for W.H. May, a local dry goods merchant. Miss Mary May is the woman standing out in front of the house.
    Image     Photo of 221 Tracy Street, originally built for W.H. May, a local dry goods merchant. Miss Mary May is the woman standing out in front of the house.
  • 221 Tracy Street
    Image       Photo of 221 Tracy Street, originally built for W.H. May, a local dry goods merchant.
    Image     Photo of 221 Tracy Street, originally built for W.H. May, a local dry goods merchant.
  • St. Marys Quarry, ca. 1950
    Image       Photo of the St. Marys Quarry taken around 1950. Some people are swimming and jumping off the diving board. The Quarry is a recreational swimming pool that was once a limestone quarry. It has been enjoyed for decades by St. Marys residents and tourists alike.
    Image     Photo of the St. Marys Quarry taken around 1950. Some people are swimming and jumping off the diving board. The Quarry is a recreational swimming pool that was once a ...
  • Throwing of the switch
    Image       Photo of Bob Stapleton and the throwing of the switch on a box that in the 1990s was still in use at the sub-station.
    Image     Photo of Bob Stapleton and the throwing of the switch on a box that in the 1990s was still in use at the sub-station.
  • Two views of Queen Street during a parade
    Imagecomment       Two photos of a parade going down Queen Street provide some details of businesses on the north side of the street between Church and Wellington Streets. Photo A shows the HMCS Kirkton crew parading down the street. Identifiable businesses include A.H. Lofft & Co. - the sign can be seen ...
    Imagecomment     Two photos of a parade going down Queen Street provide some details of businesses on the north side of the street between Church and Wellington Streets. Photo A shows the ...
  • Painting the Grand Central Hotel building, 1954
    Image       Photo showing the Grand Central Hotel building being painted (located on the south side of Queen Street between Church and Wellington Streets). A man is standing on the sidewalk watching the others painting. A car can be seen driving up the street.
    Image     Photo showing the Grand Central Hotel building being painted (located on the south side of Queen Street between Church and Wellington Streets). A man is standing on the sidewalk watching ...
  • Frank Sager and his horse Barney plowing sidewalks
    Image       Photo of Frank Sager plowing the sidewalks of the snow with his horse Barney.
    Image     Photo of Frank Sager plowing the sidewalks of the snow with his horse Barney.
  • Sclater's Lime Kiln located in the North Ward, ca. 1953
    Image       Photo of the site of the former Sclater's lime kiln (located in the North Ward on Widder Street East).
    Image     Photo of the site of the former Sclater's lime kiln (located in the North Ward on Widder Street East).
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Years
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit