Picture St. Marys

Results

We found
166
matching items
Decade
1900-1909
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Excelsior Lacrosse Club, 1900.
    Imagemystery       Excelsior Lacrosse Club, 1900.
    Imagemystery     Excelsior Lacrosse Club, 1900.
  • Near the Mathieson Mill Dam, 1900
    Image       Photo showing the area near the Mathieson Mill dam taken around 1900. This is one in a series of prints of St. Marys scenes by an unknown photographer (see 1976ph-1987ph).
    Image     Photo showing the area near the Mathieson Mill dam taken around 1900. This is one in a series of prints of St. Marys scenes by an unknown photographer (see 1976ph-1987ph).
  • The Mound at Westover Park, ca. 1900
    Image       "The Mound", Westover Park, St. Marys, Ont.
    Image     "The Mound", Westover Park, St. Marys, Ont.
  • The Purdue girls, 1900
    Image       Photo of four women posed together all wearing very stylish hats. They are identified as the "Purdue Girls". From left to right: Back row - Margaret Louise (Smith - the mother of Margaret and Lillian Smith) Front - Nellie Caroline (Mercer). Two of the Purdue girls were milliners in Toronto.
    Image     Photo of four women posed together all wearing very stylish hats. They are identified as the "Purdue Girls". From left to right: Back row - Margaret Louise (Smith - the ...
  • Looking south to Victoria Bridge
    Imagecomment       View looking south toward Victoria Bridge from the west bank of the Thames River. The St. Marys Milling Company, the Opera House, Island Park, the Miller's house and the building that is currently M&M Variety can be seen.
    Imagecomment     View looking south toward Victoria Bridge from the west bank of the Thames River. The St. Marys Milling Company, the Opera House, Island Park, the Miller's house and the building ...
  • St. Marys Creamery
    Image       Photo of the St. Marys Creamery, located in the block bounded by George Street to the east, Park Street to the north and Church Street to the west. The Creamery property extended south toward Victoria Street. The Creamery began as a co-operative but was owned and operated by John Darling ...
    Image     Photo of the St. Marys Creamery, located in the block bounded by George Street to the east, Park Street to the north and Church Street to the west. The Creamery ...
  • Thames River with Sarnia bridge in distance
    Imagecomment       Photo showing the Thames River with the Sarnia railway bridge seen in the distance. Also in the distance in the Grand stand at the Flats (now Milt Dunnell field). This photo was taken before the construction of the current dam around 1900.
    Imagecomment     Photo showing the Thames River with the Sarnia railway bridge seen in the distance. Also in the distance in the Grand stand at the Flats (now Milt Dunnell field). This ...
  • Victoria Bridge
    Imagemysterycomment       Photo of the Victoria (Queen Street) bridge in St. Marys as it appeared at the time. In front, 2 girls wearing dresses and hats can be seen standing on blocks of limestone.
    Imagemysterycomment     Photo of the Victoria (Queen Street) bridge in St. Marys as it appeared at the time. In front, 2 girls wearing dresses and hats can be seen standing on blocks ...
  • Power House (Waterworks building)
    Imagecomment       The Waterworks building located on St. George Street North on the bank of Trout Creek was built in 1899 when a municipal water system was installed in St. Marys. The section to the east was added a few years later to provide a reservoir. There was an electrical room holding ...
    Imagecomment     The Waterworks building located on St. George Street North on the bank of Trout Creek was built in 1899 when a municipal water system was installed in St. Marys. The ...
  • Queen Street looking west
    Image       Photo of Queen Street East looking west from Church Street. There are groups of people in front of what is now William J. Galloway's Law Office with another woman walking across the street. A horse and carriage can be seen a bit down the street with Andrew's building (Anstett's currently) ...
    Image     Photo of Queen Street East looking west from Church Street. There are groups of people in front of what is now William J. Galloway's Law Office with another woman walking ...
  • St. Marys Fire Department
    Image       Photo of the St. Marys Fire Department inside the old fire hall (taken likely around 1900). Back Row -Left to right: Steve Knight, Bill Shand, Bill Birtch, Andy Shand, John MacLean (chairman of com.), Cyrenus Simms, Chas. W. Coupland, Ed Dusty, Jim Gillis, Bob Swales. Front Row -John Gibb, Sam ...
    Image     Photo of the St. Marys Fire Department inside the old fire hall (taken likely around 1900). Back Row -Left to right: Steve Knight, Bill Shand, Bill Birtch, Andy Shand, John ...
  • St. Marys Methodist Church Hockey Team
    Image       The St. Marys Methodist Church hockey team - played in a local league. This photograph is a duplicate of 1198ph where the players are identified: Left to Right Standing: William Judd, Arnold Weston, Victor Tovell, Earl Waddell, Warren Brown, William Richards, George Tomlinson Seated: Ernie Simms, William Kittmer Mascot: Ripp
    Image     The St. Marys Methodist Church hockey team - played in a local league. This photograph is a duplicate of 1198ph where the players are identified: Left to Right Standing: William ...
  • St. James Anglican Church, ca. 1900
    Image       St. James Church St. Marys Ont.
    Image     St. James Church St. Marys Ont.
  • Ercildoune, ca. 1900
    Image       Photo of "Ercildoune" named after the town in Scotland where Dr. Thomas Sparks was born. It is located at 236 Jones Street East, on the corner of Jones and King Streets. Ercildoune was originally built as a wedding gift to George Carter's daughter Charlotte when she married Henry Lincoln Rice ...
    Image     Photo of "Ercildoune" named after the town in Scotland where Dr. Thomas Sparks was born. It is located at 236 Jones Street East, on the corner of Jones and King ...
  • Methodist Church, ca. 1900
    Image       Photo of the St. Marys Methodist Church located at 85 Church Street South in St. Marys. The Methodist Church was constructed in 1879. On June 10, 1925, the Methodist church officially became The St. Marys United Church, with the Methodists and some of the members of the two Presbyterian congregations ...
    Image     Photo of the St. Marys Methodist Church located at 85 Church Street South in St. Marys. The Methodist Church was constructed in 1879. On June 10, 1925, the Methodist church ...
  • Water wagon
    Imagemystery       Photo of a water wagon being pulled by 2 horses. A woman is seated on the one horse, with another younger woman sitting on top of the water tank. Two young girls are standing on a ledge on the water tank. A man appears to be standing in behind one ...
    Imagemystery     Photo of a water wagon being pulled by 2 horses. A woman is seated on the one horse, with another younger woman sitting on top of the water tank. Two ...
  • Thames River and the Sarnia Bridge, 1900
    Image       Photo of the Thames River with the Sarnia railway bridge seen in the background. The water is obviously fairly low in this photo. See also "Early St. Marys" by L.W. Wilson and Larry Pfaff (#1).
    Image     Photo of the Thames River with the Sarnia railway bridge seen in the background. The water is obviously fairly low in this photo. See also "Early St. Marys" by L.W. ...
  • Sophia Dymond, 1900
    Image       Photo of a woman posed with her hand resting under her chin while looking off to the side. The woman is identified as Sophia Dymond of St. Marys.
    Image     Photo of a woman posed with her hand resting under her chin while looking off to the side. The woman is identified as Sophia Dymond of St. Marys.
  • Water wagon
    Imagemystery       Photo of a water wagon being pulled by 2 horses. A woman is seated on the one horse, with another younger woman sitting on top of the water tank. Two young girls are standing on a ledge on the water tank. A man appears to be standing in behind one ...
    Imagemystery     Photo of a water wagon being pulled by 2 horses. A woman is seated on the one horse, with another younger woman sitting on top of the water tank. Two ...
  • Fire hall and Fire Chief's House
    Image       Photo of the St. Marys fire hall with the fire chief's house also in view (on the left). The fire chief's house is said to have been "a frame structure with Greek Revival Architectural features."
    Image     Photo of the St. Marys fire hall with the fire chief's house also in view (on the left). The fire chief's house is said to have been "a frame structure ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit