Picture St. Marys

Results

We found
152
matching items
Item type(s)
Photographs
  
Decade
1900-1909
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Graduates of St. Marys Collegiate Institute at University of Toronto, 1901-02.
    Image       Graduates of St. Marys Collegiate Institute at University of Toronto, 1901-02. back row (left to right): L.C. Montizambert, L.A. Eedy, S.B. Wass, C.F. Nagle, A. Brown, G.A. Ford, W. Conway, S.M. Thomas. second row (left to right): J.H. Hamilton, C. Douglas, G. Thompson, P.T. Coupland, W. Keast, W.P. Near, W.A. ...
    Image     Graduates of St. Marys Collegiate Institute at University of Toronto, 1901-02. back row (left to right): L.C. Montizambert, L.A. Eedy, S.B. Wass, C.F. Nagle, A. Brown, G.A. Ford, W. Conway, ...
  • Excelsior Lacrosse Club, 1900.
    Imagemystery       Excelsior Lacrosse Club, 1900.
    Imagemystery     Excelsior Lacrosse Club, 1900.
  • View of St. Marys looking northeast from Wellington Street South above Quarry, ca. 1905
    Image       Photo showing a view of St. Marys looking northeast from Wellington Street South just above the quarry. The St. Marys skyline can be seen in the distance with a good view of the stone quarry in the foreground. Photo was taken from a book. Compare photo to 1924ph.
    Image     Photo showing a view of St. Marys looking northeast from Wellington Street South just above the quarry. The St. Marys skyline can be seen in the distance with a good ...
  • J.D. Moore Cold Storage, 1909
    Imagemystery       Photo showing people outside of the J.D. Cold Storage building (in 1909). They are identified (from left to right) as: Back - R.C. Hunter, Emma Hoyt, Tom Salisbury, Ada Massey, Lily Darling, Unknown, Unknown, James Mitchell, Will Smith, Unknown Front: Annie Barrett, Tom Massey, Unknown, Cora Williamson, Ted Perrel.
    Imagemystery     Photo showing people outside of the J.D. Cold Storage building (in 1909). They are identified (from left to right) as: Back - R.C. Hunter, Emma Hoyt, Tom Salisbury, Ada Massey, ...
  • The Falls looking north to the Presbyterian Church
    Image       Photo of the original St. Marys dam before the current longer dam was built in 1908. In the back the First Presbyterian Church can be seen. Same as 0951ph.
    Image     Photo of the original St. Marys dam before the current longer dam was built in 1908. In the back the First Presbyterian Church can be seen. Same as 0951ph.
  • The Wayside Elm
    Image       The Way-Side Elm 2 miles north of Avonton 7 ft. in diameter & far over 100ft high THE WAY-SIDE ELM (Written for the St. Marys Journal) October 24, 1907 About two miles north of the village of Avonton, right in the middle of the roadway, stands a lofty old elm ...
    Image     The Way-Side Elm 2 miles north of Avonton 7 ft. in diameter & far over 100ft high THE WAY-SIDE ELM (Written for the St. Marys Journal) October 24, 1907 About ...
  • Near the Mathieson Mill Dam, 1900
    Image       Photo showing the area near the Mathieson Mill dam taken around 1900. This is one in a series of prints of St. Marys scenes by an unknown photographer (see 1976ph-1987ph).
    Image     Photo showing the area near the Mathieson Mill dam taken around 1900. This is one in a series of prints of St. Marys scenes by an unknown photographer (see 1976ph-1987ph).
  • The Mound at Westover Park, ca. 1900
    Image       "The Mound", Westover Park, St. Marys, Ont.
    Image     "The Mound", Westover Park, St. Marys, Ont.
  • The Purdue girls, 1900
    Image       Photo of four women posed together all wearing very stylish hats. They are identified as the "Purdue Girls". From left to right: Back row - Margaret Louise (Smith - the mother of Margaret and Lillian Smith) Front - Nellie Caroline (Mercer). Two of the Purdue girls were milliners in Toronto.
    Image     Photo of four women posed together all wearing very stylish hats. They are identified as the "Purdue Girls". From left to right: Back row - Margaret Louise (Smith - the ...
  • Looking south to Victoria Bridge
    Imagecomment       View looking south toward Victoria Bridge from the west bank of the Thames River. The St. Marys Milling Company, the Opera House, Island Park, the Miller's house and the building that is currently M&M Variety can be seen.
    Imagecomment     View looking south toward Victoria Bridge from the west bank of the Thames River. The St. Marys Milling Company, the Opera House, Island Park, the Miller's house and the building ...
  • St. Marys Creamery
    Image       Photo of the St. Marys Creamery, located in the block bounded by George Street to the east, Park Street to the north and Church Street to the west. The Creamery property extended south toward Victoria Street. The Creamery began as a co-operative but was owned and operated by John Darling ...
    Image     Photo of the St. Marys Creamery, located in the block bounded by George Street to the east, Park Street to the north and Church Street to the west. The Creamery ...
  • Thames River with Sarnia bridge in distance
    Imagecomment       Photo showing the Thames River with the Sarnia railway bridge seen in the distance. Also in the distance in the Grand stand at the Flats (now Milt Dunnell field). This photo was taken before the construction of the current dam around 1900.
    Imagecomment     Photo showing the Thames River with the Sarnia railway bridge seen in the distance. Also in the distance in the Grand stand at the Flats (now Milt Dunnell field). This ...
  • Victoria Bridge
    Imagemysterycomment       Photo of the Victoria (Queen Street) bridge in St. Marys as it appeared at the time. In front, 2 girls wearing dresses and hats can be seen standing on blocks of limestone.
    Imagemysterycomment     Photo of the Victoria (Queen Street) bridge in St. Marys as it appeared at the time. In front, 2 girls wearing dresses and hats can be seen standing on blocks ...
  • Power House (Waterworks building)
    Imagecomment       The Waterworks building located on St. George Street North on the bank of Trout Creek was built in 1899 when a municipal water system was installed in St. Marys. The section to the east was added a few years later to provide a reservoir. There was an electrical room holding ...
    Imagecomment     The Waterworks building located on St. George Street North on the bank of Trout Creek was built in 1899 when a municipal water system was installed in St. Marys. The ...
  • Dr. Fraleigh's office
    Image       Photo showing the desk of Dr. A. E. Fraleigh. Many books can be seen on his desk and on a shelf nearby. A clock can also be seen hanging on the wall above the bookshelf. The medicine cabinet is also visible. Dr. Fraleigh's office was located in 22 Church Street ...
    Image     Photo showing the desk of Dr. A. E. Fraleigh. Many books can be seen on his desk and on a shelf nearby. A clock can also be seen hanging on ...
  • Living room at Dr. Fraleigh's (22 Church Street South), 1901
    Image       Photo of a painting with many portraits sitting on a shelf above it. The painting appears to be sitting atop a desk/table that also has some books and miniatures on it. To the right a plant can be seen. This was taken inside Dr. Fraleigh's property at 22 Church Street ...
    Image     Photo of a painting with many portraits sitting on a shelf above it. The painting appears to be sitting atop a desk/table that also has some books and miniatures on ...
  • Mrs. Clench and Miss Cruttenden in the living room of the Clench home
    Image       Grandfather's Study at River St. House., St. Marys, Ont.
    Image     Grandfather's Study at River St. House., St. Marys, Ont.
  • Clench House - 96 Robinson Street
    Image       Home - sweet - home
    Image     Home - sweet - home
  • Captain John Little Hotson, 1905
    Image       Photo of Captain John Little Hotson (1850-1944) dressed in military clothing holding onto a helmet (with a spike at the top) in one hand and a sword in the other. He has a long thick mustache and is looking up and to the side.
    Image     Photo of Captain John Little Hotson (1850-1944) dressed in military clothing holding onto a helmet (with a spike at the top) in one hand and a sword in the other. ...
  • Thames River and Sarnia Bridge
    Image       Photo of the Thames River and the Sarnia railway bridge taken around 1905 (before the present dam was put into place).
    Image     Photo of the Thames River and the Sarnia railway bridge taken around 1905 (before the present dam was put into place).
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit