Picture St. Marys

Results

We found
2635
matching items
Geographic Location
St. Marys
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Manufacturing Munitions
    Image       This photo was taken in what was then a manufacturing building for Maxwell Company. The building later become the Friendship Center before its demolition in 2014. In this photo, women are working on grenades to be used in World War Two. The Maxwell company was an important manufacturer of munitions ...
    Image     This photo was taken in what was then a manufacturing building for Maxwell Company. The building later become the Friendship Center before its demolition in 2014. In this photo, women ...
  • Flats and Falls
    Image       This photograph was taken on Queen Street at the West end of the Victoria Bridge and shows the falls and the flats from across the river.
    Image     This photograph was taken on Queen Street at the West end of the Victoria Bridge and shows the falls and the flats from across the river.
  • Victoria Bridge
    Image       This photo is taken from the Victoria Street Bridge looking towards the Sarnia Bridge in St. Marys. The Victoria Bridge was built in the early 1800's as a wooden structure but damage occured regularly and in 1864 it was announced that a new bridge was needed. The original stone bridge ...
    Image     This photo is taken from the Victoria Street Bridge looking towards the Sarnia Bridge in St. Marys. The Victoria Bridge was built in the early 1800's as a wooden structure ...
  • Thames River and Sarina Bridge
    Image       This image shows the Thames River with the Sarnia bridge in the background. The bridge was built after it was announced that the Grand Trunk Rail Line was going to come through St. Marys. The first train crossed the bridge in November 1859. By the time this photo was taken ...
    Image     This image shows the Thames River with the Sarnia bridge in the background. The bridge was built after it was announced that the Grand Trunk Rail Line was going to ...
  • Home Hardware
    Imagecomment       This image shows the store front of the St. Marys Home Hardware, likely around the time of its opening. There are three unidentified people standing outside of the building, two of who appear to be wearing uniform shirts. Today this store front is home to Dunny's Source for Sports.
    Imagecomment     This image shows the store front of the St. Marys Home Hardware, likely around the time of its opening. There are three unidentified people standing outside of the building, two ...
  • W.A. Clarke Hardware Store
    Image  St. Marys Journal Argus     This photo was taken and printed for the St. Marys Journal Argus and shows the front of W.A. Clarke Hardware Store at 154 Queen Street East. The building is still in use today and is now home to Dunny's Source for Sports.
    Image  St. Marys Journal Argus   This photo was taken and printed for the St. Marys Journal Argus and shows the front of W.A. Clarke Hardware Store at 154 Queen Street East. The building is still ...
  • The Quarry
    Image       This picture, featuring a wooden, horse drawn wagon beside a wall of limestone, was taken in the Quarry on Water Street before it was allowed to fill with water in 1930. The quarry opened in the mid 1800's but later joined other quarries to form the the Thames Quarry. The ...
    Image     This picture, featuring a wooden, horse drawn wagon beside a wall of limestone, was taken in the Quarry on Water Street before it was allowed to fill with water in ...
  • Jr. 3rd at Central School
    Image       This photo shows the Jr 3rd class at Central School in October 1931. The photo was taken outside of Central School, now the Central School Manor, and was given to the museum by the husband of one of the students shown. The students were identified by Bob Finnie.
    Image     This photo shows the Jr 3rd class at Central School in October 1931. The photo was taken outside of Central School, now the Central School Manor, and was given to ...
  • Down Town St. Marys
    Image       This view of the downtown was taken from Church Street looking west down Queen Street. Several businesses are visible including McIntyre Drugs, J. B. Tudor and Ray Bennett. None of these businesses remain today but the buildings and store fronts are still present and in use.
    Image     This view of the downtown was taken from Church Street looking west down Queen Street. Several businesses are visible including McIntyre Drugs, J. B. Tudor and Ray Bennett. None of ...
  • St. Marys Collegiate
    Image  St. Marys Journal Argus     This image was taken for the newspaper to show the newest, and final, addition to the school building in the North Ward. The St. Marys Collegiate would become the North Ward Public School in 1955 when DCVI opened and would later be renamed Arthur Meighen Public School in 1984. The ...
    Image  St. Marys Journal Argus   This image was taken for the newspaper to show the newest, and final, addition to the school building in the North Ward. The St. Marys Collegiate would become the North ...
  • North Ward School
    Image  St. Marys Journal Argus, 1950     "The Building as it appears today" is the caption under the photo.
    Image  St. Marys Journal Argus, 1950   "The Building as it appears today" is the caption under the photo.
  • St. Marys Milling
    Image       This image shows the St. Marys Mill after the fire that ravaged it in 1921. The mill was the most profitable in the area according to the 1861 census and was built on the site of an earlier mill operated by the Ingersolls. At the time this photo was taken ...
    Image     This image shows the St. Marys Mill after the fire that ravaged it in 1921. The mill was the most profitable in the area according to the 1861 census and ...
  • St. Marys Town Hall
    Image       This photo was taken from the corner of Church Street and Queen Street showing the town hall. This building was finished in 1891 after the older wooden town hall was destroyed by fire in 1889. The Building Committee was chaired by Dr. Mathieson who pushed for a large stone building. ...
    Image     This photo was taken from the corner of Church Street and Queen Street showing the town hall. This building was finished in 1891 after the older wooden town hall was ...
  • St. Marys Townhall
    Image       This photo was taken from the corner of Church Street and Queen Street showing the town hall. This building was finished in 1891 after the older wooden town hall was destroyed by fire in 1889. The Building Committee was chaired by Dr. Mathieson who pushed for a large stone building. ...
    Image     This photo was taken from the corner of Church Street and Queen Street showing the town hall. This building was finished in 1891 after the older wooden town hall was ...
  • Downtown St. Marys
    Image       This photo was taken from the east side of Church Street looking West down Queen Street. There are many stores shown in the photo including McIntyre Drugs and Harris General Electric which have since closed.
    Image     This photo was taken from the east side of Church Street looking West down Queen Street. There are many stores shown in the photo including McIntyre Drugs and Harris General ...
  • St. Marys District Museum
    Image       This is the front view of the St. Marys Museum where it looks out to Church Street. The building was constructed in 1854 by George Tracy but passed through the hands of several owners before becoming a municipal property. It initially served as apartments for town employees but later was ...
    Image     This is the front view of the St. Marys Museum where it looks out to Church Street. The building was constructed in 1854 by George Tracy but passed through the ...
  • St. Marys Public Library
    Image       This is the St. Marys Public Library which was built in 1905. The building was funded by Andrew Carnegie, a successful businessman who funded over one thousand libraries during his life time. The first librarian to work in the St. Marys Library is identified in newspapers as Miss King who ...
    Image     This is the St. Marys Public Library which was built in 1905. The building was funded by Andrew Carnegie, a successful businessman who funded over one thousand libraries during his ...
  • Water Street North
    Image       This picture is taken at the falls from west bank of the Thames River looking east at Water Street. In this photo the Richardson Foods company is visible beside the Water Street Bridge. The fire hall is also present with the fire chief's house beside it.
    Image     This picture is taken at the falls from west bank of the Thames River looking east at Water Street. In this photo the Richardson Foods company is visible beside the ...
  • Downtown St. Marys Looking West
    Image       This photo provides a view of downtown St. Marys. Taken from the corner of Church and Queen, this image looks west showing some of the local shops. The visible shops include the Toronto Dominion Bank, McIntyre Drugs, and a thrift store.
    Image     This photo provides a view of downtown St. Marys. Taken from the corner of Church and Queen, this image looks west showing some of the local shops. The visible shops ...
  • New DCVI Building
    Image       The photo shows the front side of the new high school building soon after it had been built. St. Marys District Collegiate and Vocational Institute (DCVI) as it is known today was built as the town's population expanded and the demand for education grew. It replaced a series of earlier ...
    Image     The photo shows the front side of the new high school building soon after it had been built. St. Marys District Collegiate and Vocational Institute (DCVI) as it is known ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit