Picture St. Marys

Results

We found
2871
matching items
Geographic Location
St. Marys
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • 109 Wellington Street North
    Image       This grand two-storey was built for Dr. John Hugh Mathieson in 1874. Mathieson lived in the home with his wife Mary, daughter of early settlers Milner Harrison and Catherine Howard. Dr. John H. Mathieson was a prominent member of the St. Marys community, known not only for his profession but ...
    Image     This grand two-storey was built for Dr. John Hugh Mathieson in 1874. Mathieson lived in the home with his wife Mary, daughter of early settlers Milner Harrison and Catherine Howard. ...
  • 106 Wellington Street North
    Image       This house is known as one of Fanny Adam’s four cottages built after her husband’s death. Fanny was a St. Marys resident married to John Adam, a tavern keeper of the St. Marys Empire Hotel. After her husband’s passing, she took over her husband’s role as proprietor of the hotel. ...
    Image     This house is known as one of Fanny Adam’s four cottages built after her husband’s death. Fanny was a St. Marys resident married to John Adam, a tavern keeper of ...
  • 89 Wellington Street North
    Image       This house, with its light coloured "stick and shingle" style siding, contains several design elements commonly seen in late 19th to early 20th century houses. The house features a gable window, visible to the left of the photo, with bargeboard detailing under the roof. Other features include scalloped detailing under ...
    Image     This house, with its light coloured "stick and shingle" style siding, contains several design elements commonly seen in late 19th to early 20th century houses. The house features a gable ...
  • 317 Wellington Street South
    Image       This structure was once a one-storey cut stone cottage, as seen in this photograph taken in 1973. The house appears to have been built sometime in the 1860s by stonemason Isaacher Murray. The building featured a gabled roof, symmetrical chimneys, thick stone lintels above the windows and the front door ...
    Image     This structure was once a one-storey cut stone cottage, as seen in this photograph taken in 1973. The house appears to have been built sometime in the 1860s by stonemason ...
  • 81 Wellington Street North
    Image       The property located at 81 Wellington Street North increased in value in the year 1909, an indication that this was approximately the time of the house’s construction. The property was owned by Alexander Treacy, a local carpenter; however, there is no documented evidence that he built the house himself. Mr. ...
    Image     The property located at 81 Wellington Street North increased in value in the year 1909, an indication that this was approximately the time of the house’s construction. The property was ...
  • 202 Wellington Street South
    Image       This white sided house contains many of its original elements in present day including the arched stained glass window seen here to the left of the front door. The house includes architectural features typical to houses in the late 19th century such as the front veranda, dormer windows, and decorative ...
    Image     This white sided house contains many of its original elements in present day including the arched stained glass window seen here to the left of the front door. The house ...
  • 223-225 Water Street South
    Imagecomment       This stone cottage, built with limestone quarried in St. Marys, was built sometime in the mid to late 1860s. It was first believed to have been a store and storekeeper's house. The section of the building with the large windows (left) likely housed the store; the section with the smaller ...
    Imagecomment     This stone cottage, built with limestone quarried in St. Marys, was built sometime in the mid to late 1860s. It was first believed to have been a store and storekeeper's ...
  • 137 Water Street North
    Image       This white brick villa was built in 1889 for local businessman John Bartlett. The house is situated on a hilltop, giving residents a view of the Thames River Valley. Bartlett owned a bakery and grocery business. He only temporarily lived at this address as he mainly used the property for ...
    Image     This white brick villa was built in 1889 for local businessman John Bartlett. The house is situated on a hilltop, giving residents a view of the Thames River Valley. Bartlett ...
  • 129 Water Street North
    Image       This storey and a half cottage was built for John Bartlett, a local man who ran a bakery and grocery business. The house was built ca. 1889-1890. The property was used for rental income by Bartlett; he never resided in the house himself. Leonard and Beatrice Harstone lived in the ...
    Image     This storey and a half cottage was built for John Bartlett, a local man who ran a bakery and grocery business. The house was built ca. 1889-1890. The property was ...
  • 257 Thomas Street
    Image       Margaret Aiken Humphris was an owner of this house located at 257 Thomas Street. Margaret lived in this house with her children. Most notably her son Joseph Humphris, a local carpenter and architect, lived in the home with his mother. This light red brick cottage displays the four-paned arched windows ...
    Image     Margaret Aiken Humphris was an owner of this house located at 257 Thomas Street. Margaret lived in this house with her children. Most notably her son Joseph Humphris, a local ...
  • 216 Thomas Street
    Image       This house was built and lived in by local contractor Robert Barbour, built between the years of 1865 and 1866. This cottage was constructed of quarry stone, and features a distinctive central dormer with double windows. The front door remains set in its original wooden surround. A vertical course of ...
    Image     This house was built and lived in by local contractor Robert Barbour, built between the years of 1865 and 1866. This cottage was constructed of quarry stone, and features a ...
  • 181 Thomas Street
    Image       The cottage located at 181 Thomas Street was built in 1863. The house was built by Scottish stonemasons Alexander Grant and John Grant, Alexander's son. John Grant lived in the house for many years. John was known for his work on the arches of the Victoria Bridge and for the ...
    Image     The cottage located at 181 Thomas Street was built in 1863. The house was built by Scottish stonemasons Alexander Grant and John Grant, Alexander's son. John Grant lived in the ...
  • 226 Thames Avenue
    Image       This modest sized stone cottage is an example of the early house styles built in St. Marys. This type of course textured stone exterior can be seen on several other early houses throughout town. Note the transom window above the door, and the narrow steps leading up to the entry. ...
    Image     This modest sized stone cottage is an example of the early house styles built in St. Marys. This type of course textured stone exterior can be seen on several other ...
  • 31 St. John Street South
    Image       This one-storey brick house is similar to several other houses in St. Marys. The house includes features commonly found on structures built in the late 19th century, particularly one-storey houses including the hipped roof, and a small veranda at the front of the house. The house exterior is comprised of ...
    Image     This one-storey brick house is similar to several other houses in St. Marys. The house includes features commonly found on structures built in the late 19th century, particularly one-storey houses ...
  • 44 St. Andrew Street South
    Image       Frank E. Butcher, a prominent local businessman, built all four houses on the southwest corner of Jones and St. Andrews Streets, including this home located at 44 St. Andrew Street South, built in 1898. F.E. Butcher’s son, jeweler Ellison Butcher, lived in this house for some time. The house remained ...
    Image     Frank E. Butcher, a prominent local businessman, built all four houses on the southwest corner of Jones and St. Andrews Streets, including this home located at 44 St. Andrew Street ...
  • 32 St. Andrew Street South
    Image       Several houses in St. Marys and rural Ontario were built with an appearance similar to this example located at 32 St. Andrew Street South. The house has a white horizontal siding exterior, painted since this photo was taken. The home features elaborate details such as the lower hexagonal shaped room, ...
    Image     Several houses in St. Marys and rural Ontario were built with an appearance similar to this example located at 32 St. Andrew Street South. The house has a white horizontal ...
  • 124 Salina Street North
    Image       This early farmhouse, located at 124 Salina Street North, was built for John O'Brien, a coal and implement dealer. By the time this photo was taken in 1973, the home was owned by his niece Mary Leveson. This house is an example of the many white frame houses seen in ...
    Image     This early farmhouse, located at 124 Salina Street North, was built for John O'Brien, a coal and implement dealer. By the time this photo was taken in 1973, the home ...
  • 65 Salina Street South
    Image       This modest sized cottage contains exterior elements that are commonly found in houses throughout rural Ontario, particularly in communities with Irish settlement. The cottage appears to have been built in the mid-to-late 1870s. The home sports a gabled roof and white horizontal siding. The windows are surrounded by extra trim, ...
    Image     This modest sized cottage contains exterior elements that are commonly found in houses throughout rural Ontario, particularly in communities with Irish settlement. The cottage appears to have been built in ...
  • 35 Salina Street South
    Image       This house, located at 35 Salina Street South, was originally yellow brick with a long front veranda and arched windows, as it appears in this photo. It displayed several details typical of houses built in the late 19th century. The house has been adapted for recent owners' needs, with two ...
    Image     This house, located at 35 Salina Street South, was originally yellow brick with a long front veranda and arched windows, as it appears in this photo. It displayed several details ...
  • 23 Salina Street South
    Image       This L-shaped, two-storey house is a frame structure covered in a layer of yellow veneer brick. The house includes features such as the foundation stones and window sills all being constructed with locally quarried stone. This house provides an example of many common mid to late 19th century architectural features ...
    Image     This L-shaped, two-storey house is a frame structure covered in a layer of yellow veneer brick. The house includes features such as the foundation stones and window sills all being ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit