1870 Thames Mill Store, 1870. East of Market Square, Queen Street. Condition: Fair. Some stains and photo is worn.
Bread delivery wagon. Inscription "W.J. Bartlett Baker" on the side of the wagon. There is an unknown man standing with the wagon. condition: Good
1893 Richardson Foundry with 21 foundry workers posed for the photo. This industry was located on Wellington Street South, in St. Marys.
The foundry manufactured agricultural implements, stoves, mill gear and ploughs. In 1886, they expanded into the making of machinery for cheese and butter factories....
Photo of Johnston Boot and Shoe Maker Shop, Queen St. E., South Side, between Church St. and Wellington St.
Poster for "Peck's Bad Boy" in the window.
Two men standing in the doorway. Condition: Good
The store of M.J. O'Dea, Merchant Tailor.
Four men standing in front. Condition: Poor. Losing contrast with some tarnishing. Limit exposure to light. Written on the back:
Second store in Whelihan Block, just across from Hutton Block, c. 1897-1898
Photo showing the Church Street bridge with the Wool-Carding Mill in the background and canoes passing under the bridge. Condition: Copy is good.
Photo showing the Church Street bridge ("that Leon Clench designed") with the Wool-Carding Mill in the background and canoes passing under the bridge. Condition: Good - but slight haze. Album pages are warped.
Maxwell's store and staff preparing for a parade of Maxwell's equipment, ca. 1901.
Maxwell's staff can be seen sitting in the windows. Condition: Excellent copy.
Blanshard House, on the South Boundary Concession. A hotel/ tavern. condition: Very Good
1901 Photo showing the Church Street Bridge with the Carding Mill in the background and canoes passing under the bridge. This photo was originally taken by Dr. A.E. Fraleigh in 1901. He used prints as Christmas postcards, such as this example. Other prints are part of the collection. Condition: Copy...
View of Queen Street between Church and Wellington Streets (North Side)
- J.M. Adam Hardware on corner
- Andrew's Jeweler beside
- Town Hall in the background condition: very good
"W.A. Clarke Hardware Store," St. Marys Journal Argus This photo was taken and printed for the St. Marys Journal Argus and shows the front of W.A. Clarke Hardware Store at 154 Queen Street East. The building is still in use today and is now home to Dunny's Source for Sports. Photo is in excellent condition.
Northeast corner of Wellington Street and Queen Street. J.M. Adam Hardware Store on the corner, Andrews Jeweler beside that. condition: very good.
1921 This image shows the St. Marys Mill after the fire that ravaged it in 1921. The mill was the most profitable in the area according to the 1861 census and was built on the site of an earlier mill operated by the Ingersolls. At the time this photo was taken the mill was part of the larger G. Carter...
This photograph shows the exterior of Richardson & Hansen Ltd., once located on James Street South (east side). The firm Richardson & Hansen Ltd. was formed in 1921 when Richard Hansen of Tavistock Ont. proposed the idea of Richardson's making Rennet and cheese colour. Richardson & Hansen was...
A photo showing the storage sheds at the site of Richardson & Hansen Ltd. The company was located on James Street South (east side). The firm Richardson & Hansen Ltd. was formed in 1921 when Richard Hansen of Tavistock, Ont. proposed the idea of Richardson's making Rennet and cheese colour. The...
1933 The old creamery "The Parkview Creamery" with a missing roof following the hurricane in June 1933.
condition: very good
This image is one in a series of postcards from the Reg Near collection. A postcard view of Jackson's Pharmacy when it used to be on the corner of Queen Street and Water Street. There are three people standing on the side walk outside of Jackson's Pharmacy preparing to cross Queen Street. Visible...
1950 John Forsyth Limited, St. Marys, June 1950. Portrait of all employees.
back row (left to right): Carol Partridge,Kay Wilmore, Lillian Wastelle, Mrs. Jacques, Mrs. Weir,____________, _______ Bronzi, Reg Bradley, Bob Cousins, _______ Dundas, Marjorie Haines, Bianca Bronzi, Velma Hall, Eleanor...
The kiln from the former Sclater Lime Works on Widder Street East (also the former site of the St. Marys Public Works Dept.) condition: excellent