Grand Trunk Railway Accident at St. George, Ontario - 1889
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Photo of a Grand Trunk Railway accident that occurred in St. George, Ontario on February 27, 1889. The one train car is hanging over the edge of the bridge with part of the bridge missing. Some other cars can be seen at the bottom. People and cleaning crews can be seen at the bottom with people cleaning the wreck.
- Condition: Very good copy.
- Brandford Expositor - February 28, 1889 (page 1):
"On Feb 27, 1889 a steel tire broke on the engine of the St. Louis Express causing two passenger cars to fall off the St. George bridge, killing 11 people and injuring 32 others."
- Date of Original:
- Date Of Event:
- February 27, 1889
Width: 17.8 cm
Height: 12.6 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 17.1cm
Image Height: 9.3cm
- Local identifier:
- St. Marys Museum photo collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Helen Wilson via Larry Pfaff (her family came from Brandtford area - very close to St. George, Ontario).
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- "Grand Trunk Railway Accident at St. George, Ontario - 1889." St. Marys Museum, 2166ph.
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes:
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
St. Marys Museum
Agency street/mail address
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.