Arthur Meighen Public School, 1984
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Photo of Arthur Meighen Public School.
Built in 1875, its most famous graduate is Arthur Meighen, ninth Prime Minister of Canada.
The school has been added onto many times, and has been a public school since 1955 when a new high school building was opened (St. Marys District Collegiate and Vocational Institute which is located in the East Ward).
The school was renamed Arthur Meighen Public School in 1984 after one of St. Marys most famous residents (and Canada's 9th Prime Minister) - from 1955 until the 1984 rename, the school was called "North Ward Public School".
- Condition: Very good.
- Date of Original:
- Date Of Event:
Width: 25.3 cm
Height: 20.3 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 24.2cm
Image Height: 19cm
- Local identifier:
- St. Marys Museum photo collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- "Arthur Meighen Public School, 1984." St. Marys Museum, 1755ph.
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes:
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
St. Marys Museum
Agency street/mail address
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.