Staff of the St. Marys Journal Argus, 1930
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Photo of the employees of the St. Marys Journal Argus standing out in front of the Journal Argus' building. The photo was taken in 1930 - about 10 years after the St. Marys Journal and the St. Marys Argus merged into one paper. The sign on the building had still not been changed to show the merger by this time!
The people are identified as (left to right):
John Bell, Lorne A. Eedy, Eli Grose, Leah (Porter) Bushfield, Margaret Smith, Norman (Pete) O'Rourke, Larry Grose, Bob Hicks, Paul MacMillan, John W. Eedy.
- The St. Marys Museum possess 3 copies of this photo. The photo shown here is Copy 1.
Condition of each copy:
Copy 1 - Good. The image is in great shape but the matte is worn and yellowed.
Copy 2 - Good. Same as Copy 1, but with a mark on the matte as well.
Copy 3 - The image is good - but the matte is dirty and has been marked with the incorrect date (date can be determined as 1930 from the bulletin exclaiming that Captain Boyd and companion had reached Croydon, England after a long flight).
- Date of Original:
- Date Of Event:
Width: 34.2 cm
Height: 29.9 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 23.4cm
Image Height: 18.5cm
- Local identifier:
- St. Marys Museum photo collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- "Staff of the St. Marys Journal Argus, 1930." St. Marys Museum, 1675ph.
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes:
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
St. Marys Museum
Agency street/mail address
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.