Queen Street looking west, ca. 1954
- St. Marys Journal Argus, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Photo of Queen Street looking west (from Church Street). The movie theatre sign says it is currently playing "Silver Chalice" with Jack Palance, which was released in 1954 dating this photo around 1954/55.
Cars can be seen parked on both sides of the street with cars driving up and down Queen Street. The sign for Highway 7 can be seen in front of the movie theatre with other business signs seen sticking out (so as to be seen easily from the street) rather than being simply flat to the building. Most prominent are the signs for Crosthwaite's Drugstore, the IDA Pharmacy, and a sign that I believe says "Jack Murphy".
- Condition: Good. Slightly yellowed. Dot-matrix style print.
- Date of Original:
- ca. 1954
- Date Of Event:
- ca. 1954
Width: 22.8 cm
Height: 15.9 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 19.1cm
Image Height: 10.75cm
- Local identifier:
- St. Marys Museum photo collection.
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- From the files of the St. Marys Journal Argus.
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- "Queen Street looking west, ca. 1954." St. Marys Museum, 1410ph.
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes:
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
St. Marys Museum
Agency street/mail address
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.