Buggy full of people posed in front of a photo studio building
- Mystery Question:
Can you identify anyone in this photo? Was this photo taken in Hensall, or somewhere else?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Trott - possibly George Trott, Hensall, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Photo of a buggy being pulled by two horses posed in front of a photo studio. A family is sitting within the buggy looking directly at the camera.
In the background some people can be seen standing in front of the door of the studio looking at photos in the display and talking.
The photographer is *possibly* George Trott of Hensall, Ontario. The one display of photos says "Souviner [sic] of Grand Bend" letting us know they are likely near Grand Bend - Hensall is the closest photographer with the name Trott that can be found.
The buggy appears to be the same buggy as 1385ph with an advertisement for Pianos and Organs painted on the side. Possibly this is the Tovell family then?
Take note of the photographer's studio with the skylight in the roof and the "north light" in the wall, which would all give the studio as much natural indirect light as possible.
- Condition: Copy is very good.
Width: 12.6 cm
Height: 10.1 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 11.8cm
Image Height: 8.5cm
- Local identifier:
- St. Marys Museum photo collection.
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copy from the collection of Frank and Elsie MacKay.
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- "Buggy full of people posed in front of a photo studio building." St. Marys Museum, 1386ph.
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes:
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
St. Marys Museum
Agency street/mail address
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.