Sign at Rannoch toll gate from 1860s
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Photo of an old toll gate sign from the 1860s. For years this sign was hung at the Blanshard Office, but it is now part of the St. Marys Museum's collection.
- Condition: Excellent copy.
- Schedule of Tolls
For every Carriage, Wagon, Sleigh or other Vehicle drawn by two Horses, or other animals - 12 cts
For every Carriage, Wagon, Sleigh or other Vehicle, drawn by one Horse, or other animal - 7 cts
For every Horse with or without a ride - 3 cts
For every head of neat cattle - 2 cts
For every score of Sheep or Swine, or less than a score - 5 cts
Exemptions by By-law of Municipality and Consol'd of Statues of Canada
Width: 17.6 cm
Height: 12.6 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 16.8cm
Image Height: 11.5cm
- Local identifier:
- St. Marys Museum photo collection.
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copy from the collection of Don Whetstone
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- "Sign at Rannoch toll gate from 1860s." St. Marys Museum, 1286ph.
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes:
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
St. Marys Museum
Agency street/mail address
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.