Elizabeth Creighton Carter, 1883
- Edy, London, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Elizabeth Creighton Carter, wife of milling and grain magnate, George Carter. They lived at 224 Jones Street East, a large home on spacious grounds, surrounded in that same block by the even grander homes of their adult children.
Elizabeth Carter lived on as a widow and materfamilias after her husband died in 1889. This photograph shows her as a married woman in middle life.
Her black silk and lace dress is spectacularly ruffled and adorned as suited her position.
- Condition: Copy is very good. Paper is slightly curling.
- Date of Original:
- Date Of Event:
Width: 12.3 cm
Height: 20.3 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 11.5cm
Image Height: 19.4cm
- Local identifier:
- St. Marys Museum photo collection.
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- "Elizabeth Creighton Carter" St. Marys Museum, 1064ph.
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes:
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
St. Marys Museum
Agency street/mail address
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.