Interior view of Athol Brae, 1913
- J.L. Webster, St. Marys, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Photo of the interior of Athol Brae (147 Church Street South) taken in 1913.
Athol Brae was built about 1867 for grain merchant John Jarvis. In the 1870s it was enlarged by its current owner and then sold to George McIntyre in 1878.
By 1912 the home was sold to photographer James L. Webster who took interior and exterior views of his new home.
Read more about Athol Brae in "Early St. Marys" by L.W. Wilson and L.R. Pfaff (#25).
This view shows a room with a piano and many chairs and tables as well as large thruway to the next room (with curtains that can be used to separate the rooms).
- Condition: Okay. Some strange staining that is mostly along edges. "X" on picture as well.
Has also been three-hole punched.
- Date of Original:
- Date Of Event:
Width: 22.5 cm
Height: 17.6 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 20.4cm
Image Height: 15.4cm
- Local identifier:
- St. Marys Museum photo collection.
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Curly Wilson
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- "Interior view of Athol Brae, 1913." St. Marys Museum, 1320ph.
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes:
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
St. Marys Museum
Agency street/mail address
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.