- Gilbert L. Stevens, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Portrait photo of William Weir (1844-1921). William Weir was one of the last owners of the Tracy house (now the St. Marys Museum). The Weirs were the ones to give the land the name "Cadzow Park".
Mr. Weir lived in the house from 1875 until his death in 1921, and was the mayor of St. Marys in 1916-1917.
This photo was taken by G.L. Stevens, a photographer in St. Marys during 1881-82. Mr. Weir looks younger than 37 in this photo, and the quality/detail suggests it is in fact a reproduction of an older ambrotype or daguerreotype.
- Condition: Very good. Yellowed with some detail missing (possibly fault of actual image, not age).
Width: 6.3 cm
Height: 10.5 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 5.8cm
Image Height: 9.2cm
- Local identifier:
- St. Marys Museum photo collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Miss E.M. Roddick
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- "William Weir." St. Marys Museum, 0941ph.
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes:
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
St. Marys Museum
Agency street/mail address
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.