Cast of "Famous Women"
- Gray, St. Marys, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Photo of the cast of "Famous Women" a play put on by the Methodist Church at the Opera House on February 29 and March 1, 1912 (the Museum has this program on file).
The girls have been identified as:
Viola Hooper as Aphrodite
Cora Williamson as Grace Darling
Carrie Marshall as ______________
Merle Carter as Queen Elizabeth
Gladys Butcher as Queen Victoria
Helen Pearn as Frances Havergal
Hettie McLean as Joan of Arc
Georgie McCaul as Florence Nightingale
Florence Butcher as Aunt Dinah
Carrie Rea as Jenny Lind
(some links are provided at the side to explain who these famous women were)
- Condition: Good. Matte is ripped and dirty. Image is clear, though slightly yellowed.
- Auspices of Methodist Church, St. Marys
- Date of Original:
- Date Of Event:
- March 1, 1912
Width: 22.5 cm
Height: 15.1 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 14cm
Image Height: 9.8cm
- Local identifier:
- St. Marys Museum photo collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Lillian Peart, 1981
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- "Cast of Famous Women." St. Marys Museum, 0887ph.
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes:
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
St. Marys Museum
Agency street/mail address
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.