St. Marys Collegiate Institute, 1884
- Hugill, Ingersoll, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- One part of a stereoview of St. Marys Collegiate Institute as it appeared in 1884.
Built in 1875, its most famous graduate is Arthur Meighen, ninth Prime Minister of Canada.
The school has been added onto many times, and has been a public school since 1955 when a new high school building was opened (St. Marys District Collegiate and Vocational Institute which is located in the East Ward).
The school was renamed Arthur Meighen Public School in 1984 after one of St. Marys most famous residents (and Canada's 9th Prime Minister).
- Condition: Copy is in excellent condition.
- St. Marys Collegiate Institute; today North Ward School; 1884
- Date of Original:
- Date Of Event:
Width: 12.6 cm
Height: 17.7 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 10.9cm
Image Height: 13.6cm
- Local identifier:
- St. Marys Museum photo collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- "St. Marys Collegiate Institute, 1884." St. Marys Museum, 0595ph.
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes:
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
St. Marys Museum
Agency street/mail address
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.