North Ward from the GTR bridge over Trout Creek, 1884
- Hugill, Ingersoll, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- In 1884, Hugill, a photographer from Ingersoll, came to St. Marys, apparently on the invitation of William Andrews, a local jeweller, and took a series of stereoscopic views of the town. This is one half of a stereo card, showing the north ward from the Grand Trunk Railway bridge over Trout Creek.
In the distance the very new Presbyterian Church (1881) is visible. Today's Roman Catholic Church with its companion spire would not be built for another nine years but the earlier, smaller stone Catholic Church that it replaced and the rectory (still in use) can be seen on the hilltop at the right.
- Condition: Copy is in excellent condition.
- North Ward 1884
- Date of Original:
- Date Of Event:
Width: 12.6 cm
Height: 17.7 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 10.6cm
Image Height: 12.8cm
- Local identifier:
- St. Marys Museum photo collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- "North Ward in 1884." St. Marys Museum, 0592ph.
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes:
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
St. Marys Museum
Agency street/mail address
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.