- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A school photograph of Julia McIntyre, long-time teacher for the St. Marys Public School Board. Miss McIntyre began her teaching career at the one-room Brocksden School northeast of Stratford. She started teaching in St. Marys in 1943 and taught Grade 5 at Central School for many years. When the old St. Marys Collegiate became a senior public school (North Ward, later Arthur Meighen School) in the 1960s, Miss McIntyre taught there, eventually becoming principal before her retirement. She is remembered as a firm disciplinarian but a dedicated teacher who challenged her students to do their best.
This picture was taken in her Grade 5 classroom in the southwest corner of the top floor of Central School.
Miss McIntyre was a member of an extended Motherwell area family. When she died, her excellent collection of family photographs came to the St. Marys Museum and are now part of Picture St. Marys.
- Condition: very good condition.
There are 3 photos still attached as one whole strip. Image measurements are for one photo only, overall measurements include all three photos.
- "Julia MacIntyre"
- Date of Original:
- ca. 1954
Width: 14.6 cm
Height: 6.7 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 3cm
Image Height: 4.7cm
- Local identifier:
- St. Marys Museum photo collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- "Julia McIntyre." St. Marys Museum, 0282ph.
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes:
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
St. Marys Museum
Agency street/mail address
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.