- Gray, St. Marys, Ont., Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Portrait of Alexander Grant, a preacher in St. Marys for 21 years starting in 1885.
He is standing in a long wool jacket lined in fur, holding onto a muff.
- Condition: Some yellowing/browning (fairly even, except in bottom right hand of photo – possibly from some sort of adhesive); otherwise in very good condition.
Desciption is available digitally (0023ph_info.jpg)
- Grant, Alexander born in Bristol, Quebec on Nov. 30, 1836. Graduated from Knox College and preached in Haldimand Co. for 21 years. Married Anna Hudson in Toronto Dec. 28, 1864. Came to Knox Church, St. Marys in 1885 where he preached for 21 years. He died suddenly.
Width: 13.6 cm
Height: 22.7 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 8.1cm
Image Height: 14.2cm
- Local identifier:
- St. Marys Museum photo collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- John M. Thomson
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- "Alexander Grant." St. Marys Museum, 0023ph.
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes:
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
St. Marys Museum
Agency street/mail address
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.