St. Marys Cement Kiln Stacks
- Mystery Question:
Do you know when this photo was taken?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- When the St. Marys Cement Company opened in 1912 it had two coal-fired rotary kilns that were each 165 feet long by eight feet in diameter. These kilns could produce 455,000 pounds of cement per day. This photo shows some of the buildings of the original plant with 2 exhaust stacks attached to the Kiln building.
- Condition: Some dust specks and discolouration.
Width: 1656 px
Height: 2892 px
- Local identifier:
- St. Marys Museum Photo Collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- "St. Marys Cement Kiln Stacks" St. Marys Museum, 3132ph.
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes:
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
St. Marys Museum
Agency street/mail address
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.