Cyclone Aftermath at the Waterworks Building
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This photo was taken following the aftermath of the cyclone that hit St. Marys in 1933. One can see the swinging bridge that once crossed Trout Creek in the background.
The Waterworks building located on St. George Street North on the bank of Trout Creek was built in 1899 when a municipal water system was installed in St. Marys. The section to the east was added a few years later to provide a reservoir.
There was an electrical room holding steam powered generators to provide limited electrical power to St. Marys for such necessities as street lights. When the Town began to purchase more abundant electrical power from Niagara Falls, this part of the waterworks complex found other uses.
This beautiful example of industrial architecture still stands and has been retrofitted to serve once again as a headquarters for the municipal waterworks.
- Condition: Some dust specks and discolouration.
- Date of Publication:
Width: 3098 px
Height: 2023 px
- Local identifier:
- St. Marys Museum Photo Collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- "Cyclone Aftermath at the Waterworks Building" St. Marys Museum, 3117ph.
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes:
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
St. Marys Museum
Agency street/mail address
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.