Frederika Ryckman Dale on Porch of 89 Ontario St. S.
- Mystery Question:
Do you recognize the other women in this photograph?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Frederika Ryckman Dale sits on a porch with two other women.
This house is located at 89 Ontario Street South and is a historically designated structure. It was built c. 1870 for local lawyer C.S. Jones by locally well-known contractor Robert Barbour. Dr. John Sinclair was also a notable resident of the home living in the house with his wife and family until the property was purchased by his brother-in-law William Dale. Dale was a respected Latin professor at the University of Toronto. He was forced to resign in 1895, despite the protest of many students. He acted as Mayor of St. Marys for two terms.
- Condition: Some dust specks, but otherwise good condition.
Width: 2116 px
Height: 1705 px
- Personal Name(s):
- Far right: "Frederika Ryckman Dale"
- Local identifier:
- St. Marys Museum Photo Collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- "Frederika Ryckman Dale on Porch of 89 Ontario St. S." St. Marys Museum, 3114ph.
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes:
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
St. Marys Museum
Agency street/mail address
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.