Temperance Hall Avonbank
- Mystery Question:
What year was this photo taken?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Temperance Hall in Avonbank. This building was located across from the front door of the Avonbank Church. For more than 40 years, the Avonbank Division No. 320 (Sons of Temperance) was part of the temperance movement that was sweeping the country which grew out of a revulsion to the excessive drinking and drunkenness which was becoming more and more prevalent.
- Condition: Some fading and dust specks.
Width: 2564 px
Height: 1588 px
- Personal Name(s):
- Left to right: Hotson, John L. ; Hotson, Walter ; Hotson, Nicol
- Local identifier:
- St. Marys Museum Photo Collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- "Temperance Hall Avonbank" St. Marys Museum, 3092ph.
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes:
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
St. Marys Museum
Agency street/mail address
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.