Steam engines at Junction Station
- Mystery Question:
What year was this photo taken?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A number of steam locomotives are parked on the water tower lead, near the Junction Station. It is believed that these locomotives are awaiting scrapping at the CNR Stratford shops.
The Station was built in 1858 from locally quarried limestone and was operational until January 1941 when the CNR terminated the building’s public function. The water tower was built in the first decade of the 20th century and demolished in the late 1950s.
- Condition: Some dust specks, otherwise good condition.
Width: 1762 px
Height: 1183 px
- Local identifier:
- St. Marys Museum Photo Collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- "Steam Train at Junction Station" St. Marys Museum, 3081ph.
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes:
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
St. Marys Museum
Agency street/mail address
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.