Avonbank Cheese Factory Parking
- Mystery Question:
What year did this factory close?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- The Avonbank cheese factory was built in the spring of 1873 after Mr. John Clyne made a proposal to Avonbank farmers to build and operate the factory. After some financial troubles, Clyne sold the equipment and plant to local farmers; 1980 marked the beginning of the Avonbank Cheese & Butter Manufacturing Company. This image depicts some cars in the parking lot of the plant.
- Condition: Some dust specks and scanned tape markings obscuring photo.
Width: 1854 px
Height: 1008 px
- Local identifier:
- St. Marys Museum Photo Collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- "Avonton Cheese Factory Parking" St. Marys Museum, 3071ph.
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes:
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
St. Marys Museum
Agency street/mail address
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.