Horse-Drawn Fire Department Ladder Wagon
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This is photograph of a horse-drawn fire department ladder wagon heading west on Queen Street. The leisurely trot and the bystanders lining the street suggest that the photo was likely taken during a parade.
Another photograph of the ladder wagon is dated 1912, giving an approximate date for this photo as well.
The corner building in the background is now MacPherson Crafts (July, 2018). This building is one of the oldest limestone buildings in St. Marys. It was built for William V. Hutton, an early mayor of St. Marys, in 1854. By 1884 the building housed a hardware store, and the owner decided that the building needed an update. The mansard roof was added at this point.
- Condition: copy is in good condition, but location and condition of the original is unknown.
Width: 10 cm
Height: 15 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 10cm
Image Height: 15cm
- Local identifier:
- Macke Collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Marlene Macke
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Macke Collection. "Horse-Drawn Fire Department Ladder Wagon" St. Marys Museum, macke132.
- Location of Original:
- Location of original is unknown. Copy is in R. Lorne Eedy Archives.
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal study or research; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes:
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction.
High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
St. Marys Museum
Agency street/mail address
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.