Holy Name of Mary Catholic Church, 149 King St. N., 1980s
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- The Holy Name of Mary Roman Catholic Church is located at 149 King Street North. It was built in 1892 by Toronto based architects Post and Holmes. The stone laying of the church was completed by Patrick and John McFadden, David Fitzpatrick and John Keen. The church was built in the Gothic Revival style with features such as the lancet arched openings, pointed dormers on the roof and large, round quatrefoil windows.
In the winter and early spring of 1982-1983, Randall Speller, a colleague of Larry Pfaff from the Art Gallery of Ontario, took a series of black and white photographs of buildings of architectural significance in St. Marys. Larry Pfaff and several local friends who shared this interest in architecture took some additional photographs in a subsequent summer. This photograph is one of this series.
- Condition: Excellent - No signs of damage to the negative.
Width: 3.6 cm
Height: 2.3 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 3.6cm
Image Height: 2.3cm
- Local identifier:
- St. Marys Museum Photo Collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
149 King Street North, St. Marys, Ontario:
- Larry Pfaff - on behalf of LACAC.
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- "Holy Name of Mary Catholic Church, 149 King St. N., 1980s", St. Marys Museum, LPHolyName_a.
- Location of Original:
- R. Lorne Eedy Archives
- Reproduction of digital objects is restricted to fair use for personal research or study; any other use must be done with permission of copyright holder.
- Reproduction Notes:
- This image is a watermarked low resolution reproduction. High resolution images are available at the St. Marys Museum for a fee.
St. Marys Museum
Agency street/mail address
177 Church Street South,
P.O. Box 998,
St. Marys, Ontario.