Picture St. Marys
Limestone buildings


Records

Results

We found
77
matching items
Groups
Limestone buildings
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Roman Catholic Rectory
    Image       This photo shows the Roman Catholic Rectory soon after it was built and is an excellent example of early limestone houses. The children from the separate school which was held in the building are posed in front along with their teachers, trustees, and the priest, possibly Father Boubat.
    Image     This photo shows the Roman Catholic Rectory soon after it was built and is an excellent example of early limestone houses. The children from the separate school which was held ...
  • Looking south to Victoria Bridge
    Imagecomment       View looking south toward Victoria Bridge from the west bank of the Thames River. The St. Marys Milling Company, the Opera House, Island Park, the Miller's house and the building that is currently M&M Variety can be seen.
    Imagecomment     View looking south toward Victoria Bridge from the west bank of the Thames River. The St. Marys Milling Company, the Opera House, Island Park, the Miller's house and the building ...
  • Parade on Water Street
    Imagemystery       "Parade for Mr. Stone"
    Imagemystery     "Parade for Mr. Stone"
  • St. Marys Public Library
    Image       This is the St. Marys Public Library which was built in 1905. The building was funded by Andrew Carnegie, a successful businessman who funded over one thousand libraries during his life time. The first librarian to work in the St. Marys Library is identified in newspapers as Miss King who ...
    Image     This is the St. Marys Public Library which was built in 1905. The building was funded by Andrew Carnegie, a successful businessman who funded over one thousand libraries during his ...
  • Irene Eedy, Tottie Sparks, Sadie and Gertrude Richardson at 252 Queen Street East
    Imagecomment       Irene Eedy, Tottie Sparks, Sadie and Gertrude Richardson sitting on the lawn at 252 Queen Street East. (Eedy home.) The Eedy, Sparks and Richardson families were neighbours and friends.
    Imagecomment     Irene Eedy, Tottie Sparks, Sadie and Gertrude Richardson sitting on the lawn at 252 Queen Street East. (Eedy home.) The Eedy, Sparks and Richardson families were neighbours and friends.
  • 121 Carrall Street
    Imagecomment       Photo of two children (identified as Bessie Riddell - later Bessie Frank - and her brother) standing outside 121 Carrall Street. This is how the house appeared before the front veranda was removed in 1914 . There was once a boardwalk out to Elgin Street. This is the original Daniel ...
    Imagecomment     Photo of two children (identified as Bessie Riddell - later Bessie Frank - and her brother) standing outside 121 Carrall Street. This is how the house appeared before the front ...
  • Cafe/Pocket Billiards in Craft Store
    Image       This photograph shows the building that is now MacPherson Arts & Crafts. In this photo, part of the space that is now the craft store is occupied by Pocket & Billiards, and the other half is occupied by a cafe. This building is one of the oldest limestone buildings in ...
    Image     This photograph shows the building that is now MacPherson Arts & Crafts. In this photo, part of the space that is now the craft store is occupied by Pocket & ...
  • Cafe/Pocket Billiards in Craft Store
    Image       This photograph shows the building that is now MacPherson Arts & Crafts. In this photo, part of the space that is now the craft store is occupied by Pocket & Billiards, and the other half is occupied by a cafe. This building is one of the oldest limestone buildings in ...
    Image     This photograph shows the building that is now MacPherson Arts & Crafts. In this photo, part of the space that is now the craft store is occupied by Pocket & ...
  • 52 Ontario Street South
    Imagecomment       The stone house at 52 Ontario Street South was originally built by a member of the Whelihan family but it is most closely associated with the family of Erskine Evans, long-time principal of St. Marys Collegiate Institute. In 2012, the property was owned by his son, William Evans. The front ...
    Imagecomment     The stone house at 52 Ontario Street South was originally built by a member of the Whelihan family but it is most closely associated with the family of Erskine Evans, ...
  • St. Marys Town Hall
    Image       View of the Town Hall from Queen Street looking towards the corner of the building. This is one of four photos in a set, all showing the Town Hall from different perspectives.
    Image     View of the Town Hall from Queen Street looking towards the corner of the building. This is one of four photos in a set, all showing the Town Hall from ...
  • St. Marys Town Hall
    Image       View of the Town Hall taken from the South East corner of Church and Queen Street looking at the corner of the building. The image is one of four in a set which show the town hall from different perspectives.
    Image     View of the Town Hall taken from the South East corner of Church and Queen Street looking at the corner of the building. The image is one of four in ...
  • St. Marys Town Hall
    Image       A view of the St. Marys Town Hall, the photo was taken looking from the South East corner of Church and Queen Street. This is one of four images in the set, all show the town hall with slightly different perspectives.
    Image     A view of the St. Marys Town Hall, the photo was taken looking from the South East corner of Church and Queen Street. This is one of four images in ...
  • St. Marys Town Hall
    Image       This photo was taken from the corner of Church Street and Queen Street showing the town hall. This building was finished in 1891 after the older wooden town hall was destroyed by fire in 1889. The Building Committee was chaired by Dr. Mathieson who pushed for a large stone building. ...
    Image     This photo was taken from the corner of Church Street and Queen Street showing the town hall. This building was finished in 1891 after the older wooden town hall was ...
  • Town Hall Decorated for 1978 Homecoming
    Image       This photograph shows the Town Hall decorated to celebrate Homecoming in 1978. Banners with blue, white and red stripes are hung from windows and railings. The Town Hall was built in 1891 to replace the previous Town Hall located on the same site that burned down. It was built with ...
    Image     This photograph shows the Town Hall decorated to celebrate Homecoming in 1978. Banners with blue, white and red stripes are hung from windows and railings. The Town Hall was built ...
  • 223 Water Street South
    Imagecomment       Photo of a building at 223 Water Street South. This photograph was taken in the summer of 1980 as part of a Museum project to photograph limestone structures in St. Marys. This particular house was built in the mid-1800s set close to Water Street. Tradition says that it was once ...
    Imagecomment     Photo of a building at 223 Water Street South. This photograph was taken in the summer of 1980 as part of a Museum project to photograph limestone structures in St. ...
  • St. Marys Townhall
    Image       This photo was taken from the corner of Church Street and Queen Street showing the town hall. This building was finished in 1891 after the older wooden town hall was destroyed by fire in 1889. The Building Committee was chaired by Dr. Mathieson who pushed for a large stone building. ...
    Image     This photo was taken from the corner of Church Street and Queen Street showing the town hall. This building was finished in 1891 after the older wooden town hall was ...
  • Westover, 300 Thomas St., 1980s
    Image       This house, now known as Westover, was built in 1867 for retired mill owner William Veal Hutton and his brother Joseph O. Hutton. The limestone house was designed by locally renowned architect Robert Barbour. In the 1870s, a two-storey addition was erected on the south side of the house. A ...
    Image     This house, now known as Westover, was built in 1867 for retired mill owner William Veal Hutton and his brother Joseph O. Hutton. The limestone house was designed by locally ...
  • 111 Widder St. E., 1980s
    Image       This is one of the oldest homes in St. Marys. It is a pre-1850s limestone house. The south portion of the house was likely built by James Allan circa 1848/49 who lived on the property with his family. Allan would later add an addition to the house in 1856. In ...
    Image     This is one of the oldest homes in St. Marys. It is a pre-1850s limestone house. The south portion of the house was likely built by James Allan circa 1848/49 ...
  • 345 Wellington St. S., 1980s
    Image       This storey and a half stone limestone house was built sometime before the 1861 census was taken in St. Marys. The house was first owned by James Elliott, it overlooked his quarry and kiln. Elliott was known for his work on the St. Marys Opera House which was constructed with ...
    Image     This storey and a half stone limestone house was built sometime before the 1861 census was taken in St. Marys. The house was first owned by James Elliott, it overlooked ...
  • 130 Wellington St. N., 1980s
    Image       This house located at 130 Wellington Street North was built c. 1890 for local merchant Robert Dickson by architect George Gouinlock. Gouinlock was responsible for the design and construction of the current St. Marys Town Hall. The house became known locally as "Gray Gables". It is two and a half ...
    Image     This house located at 130 Wellington Street North was built c. 1890 for local merchant Robert Dickson by architect George Gouinlock. Gouinlock was responsible for the design and construction of ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Limestone buildings