Picture St. Marys
Limestone buildings


Records

Results

We found
84
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • 84 Water St. South
    Image       This photo shows the stone building at 84 Water Street South on the west side of the street. The building has had many uses and is currently a photo studio.
    Image     This photo shows the stone building at 84 Water Street South on the west side of the street. The building has had many uses and is currently a photo studio.
  • 223 Water Street South
    Imagecomment       Photo of a building at 223 Water Street South. This photograph was taken in the summer of 1980 as part of a Museum project to photograph limestone structures in St. Marys. This particular house was built in the mid-1800s set close to Water Street. Tradition says that it was once ...
    Imagecomment     Photo of a building at 223 Water Street South. This photograph was taken in the summer of 1980 as part of a Museum project to photograph limestone structures in St. ...
  • Irene Eedy, Tottie Sparks, Sadie and Gertrude Richardson at 252 Queen Street East
    Imagecomment       Irene Eedy, Tottie Sparks, Sadie and Gertrude Richardson sitting on the lawn at 252 Queen Street East. (Eedy home.) The Eedy, Sparks and Richardson families were neighbours and friends.
    Imagecomment     Irene Eedy, Tottie Sparks, Sadie and Gertrude Richardson sitting on the lawn at 252 Queen Street East. (Eedy home.) The Eedy, Sparks and Richardson families were neighbours and friends.
  • View on Church Street
    Image       "View on Church St. St. Marys, Ont."
    Image     "View on Church St. St. Marys, Ont."
  • Westover Park
    Image       This is a photograph of the current Westover Inn located at 300 Thomas Street. The Victorian limestone mansion was built in 1867 by William and Joseph Hutton, early settlers of St. Marys. Seven acres of land around the mansion were landscaped and called Westover Park. In the 1930s, the park ...
    Image     This is a photograph of the current Westover Inn located at 300 Thomas Street. The Victorian limestone mansion was built in 1867 by William and Joseph Hutton, early settlers of ...
  • Group Standing in Front of Limestone Building
    Imagecomment       This photograph shows a group of men standing in front of a limestone building.
    Imagecomment     This photograph shows a group of men standing in front of a limestone building.
  • Duplicates- St. Marys, Ontario
    Image       This image is one in a series of postcards from the Reg Near collection. Photograph of Queen Street facing east; the photo only shows the north side of the street. The photo is in colour and displays the stores lining Queen Street between Wellington and Church Street. To the left ...
    Image     This image is one in a series of postcards from the Reg Near collection. Photograph of Queen Street facing east; the photo only shows the north side of the street. ...
  • Parade on Water Street
    Imagemystery       "Parade for Mr. Stone"
    Imagemystery     "Parade for Mr. Stone"
  • Queen Street
    Image       "Queen Street, St. Mary's, Ont."
    Image     "Queen Street, St. Mary's, Ont."
  • Queen Street
    Image       "Queen Street, St. Marys, ONT."
    Image     "Queen Street, St. Marys, ONT."
  • 347 Queen Street East
    Image       This house was built for Elizabeth James in the late 1850s. The structure was built close to the street, a sign of early construction. She purchased the land the structure was built on from James Ingersoll in 1854. It is presumed she lived here with her husband William James, a ...
    Image     This house was built for Elizabeth James in the late 1850s. The structure was built close to the street, a sign of early construction. She purchased the land the structure ...
  • 181 Thomas Street
    Image       The cottage located at 181 Thomas Street was built in 1863. The house was built by Scottish stonemasons Alexander Grant and John Grant, Alexander's son. John Grant lived in the house for many years. John was known for his work on the arches of the Victoria Bridge and for the ...
    Image     The cottage located at 181 Thomas Street was built in 1863. The house was built by Scottish stonemasons Alexander Grant and John Grant, Alexander's son. John Grant lived in the ...
  • 216 Thomas Street
    Image       This house was built and lived in by local contractor Robert Barbour, built between the years of 1865 and 1866. This cottage was constructed of quarry stone, and features a distinctive central dormer with double windows. The front door remains set in its original wooden surround. A vertical course of ...
    Image     This house was built and lived in by local contractor Robert Barbour, built between the years of 1865 and 1866. This cottage was constructed of quarry stone, and features a ...
  • 130 Wellington Street North
    Image       This large rough-faced stone home was built for local merchant Robert Dickson in 1890; it became known locally as “Gray Gables”. The house was built using quarried St. Marys limestone with red stone accents around the windows. The architect responsible for the design of the home was George W. Gouinlock, ...
    Image     This large rough-faced stone home was built for local merchant Robert Dickson in 1890; it became known locally as “Gray Gables”. The house was built using quarried St. Marys limestone ...
  • 52 Ontario Street South
    Imagecomment       The stone house at 52 Ontario Street South was originally built by a member of the Whelihan family but it is most closely associated with the family of Erskine Evans, long-time principal of St. Marys Collegiate Institute. In 2012, the property was owned by his son, William Evans. The front ...
    Imagecomment     The stone house at 52 Ontario Street South was originally built by a member of the Whelihan family but it is most closely associated with the family of Erskine Evans, ...
  • Ardmore Park, 186 Salina St. S, 1980s
    Image       This house located at 186 Salina St. S. in the 1980s (the address is now Westover Street) has been the residence of several notable St. Marys residents throughout history. The house is a Regency style cottage built of limestone in the 1850s. The house was built by Joseph Osmond Hutton, ...
    Image     This house located at 186 Salina St. S. in the 1980s (the address is now Westover Street) has been the residence of several notable St. Marys residents throughout history. The ...
  • Ardmore Park, 186 Salina St. S., 1980s
    Image       This house located at 186 Salina St. S. in the 1980s (the address is now Westover Street) has been the residence of several notable St. Marys residents throughout history. The house is a Regency style cottage built of limestone in the 1850s. The house was built by Joseph Osmond Hutton, ...
    Image     This house located at 186 Salina St. S. in the 1980s (the address is now Westover Street) has been the residence of several notable St. Marys residents throughout history. The ...
  • 121 Carrall St., 1980s
    Image       This photo, taken in the 1980s, shows the house located at 121 Carrall Street. It was built in 1867 by Scottish stonemason Daniel McAnsh. McAnsh moved to the area from Scotland in 1844. The house would later be occupied by several owners including Archibald McCallum, Michael Griffin and Philip Sydney ...
    Image     This photo, taken in the 1980s, shows the house located at 121 Carrall Street. It was built in 1867 by Scottish stonemason Daniel McAnsh. McAnsh moved to the area from ...
  • 121 Carrall St., 1980s
    Image       This photo, taken in the 1980s, shows the house located at 121 Carrall Street. It was built in 1867 by Scottish stonemason Daniel McAnsh. McAnsh moved to the area from Scotland in 1844. The house would later be occupied by several owners including Archibald McCallum, Michael Griffin and Philip Sydney ...
    Image     This photo, taken in the 1980s, shows the house located at 121 Carrall Street. It was built in 1867 by Scottish stonemason Daniel McAnsh. McAnsh moved to the area from ...
  • 100 Church St. S., 1980s
    Image       This photo gives a view of the house at 100 Church Street South. James Eaton purchased the property in 1863 and the house was built approximately one year later. Eaton was a local dry goods merchant. Alexander Belch, the founder of the St. Marys Argus newspaper, bought the house from ...
    Image     This photo gives a view of the house at 100 Church Street South. James Eaton purchased the property in 1863 and the house was built approximately one year later. Eaton ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Limestone buildings