Picture St. Marys
Limestone buildings
Records

Results

We found
85
matching items
  • Behind the Opera House
        This is a photo of the Opera House from behind. There is some construction underway and multiple piles of rubble.
      This is a photo of the Opera House from behind. There is ...
  • Thames River and Victoria Bridge
        This is a photo of the Thames River running underneath the Victoria Bridge on June 25th, 1981.
      This is a photo of the Thames River running underneath the Victoria ...
  • Victoria Bridge
        This photograph depicts a view of the Victoria Bridge over the Thames River. In the background, the Opera House and other buildings in Downtown St. Marys are visible.
      This photograph depicts a view of the Victoria Bridge over the Thames ...
  • View of St. James Anglican Church and the Parish Hall
        This is a photograph of a frontal view of St. James Anglican Church. Photo was likely taken in summer and trees and shrubbery are well-established.
      This is a photograph of a frontal view of St. James Anglican ...
  • St. James Anglican Church, New Addition
        This photograph depicts the St. James Anglican Church after its new addition. Six children stand around the Church, accompanied by a woman in the center, facing the general direction of the camera. Around 1882 a $6000 building programme was taken to update the roof, add a stone porch, vestry and ...
      This photograph depicts the St. James Anglican Church after its new addition. ...
  • St. James Anglican Church
        Back of photograph reads: "Church of England The old English Church St. Marys Ontario 1858 #2 St. James Church Vestry" Other faint, illegible numbers written near the bottom
      Back of photograph reads: "Church of England The old English Church St. ...
  • Parish Hall at St. James Anglican Church
        This photo shows the St. James Anglican Church in the background on the right with the new Parish Hall in the foreground on the left. In 1907, Joseph Hutton and his niece Mrs. J.C. Bryan generously donated funds to build the Parish Hall, making the dream a reality.
      This photo shows the St. James Anglican Church in the background on ...
  • Duplicates- St. Marys, Ontario
        This image is one in a series of postcards from the Reg Near collection. Photograph of Queen Street facing east; the photo only shows the north side of the street. The photo is in colour and displays the stores lining Queen Street between Wellington and Church Street. To the left ...
      This image is one in a series of postcards from the Reg ...
  • Parade on Water Street
        "Parade for Mr. Stone"
      "Parade for Mr. Stone"
  • Queen Street
        "Queen Street, St. Mary's, Ont."
      "Queen Street, St. Mary's, Ont."
  • Queen Street
        "Queen Street, St. Marys, ONT."
      "Queen Street, St. Marys, ONT."
  • Steam engines at Junction Station
        A number of steam locomotives are parked on the water tower lead, near the Junction Station. It is believed that these locomotives are awaiting scrapping at the CNR Stratford shops. The Station was built in 1858 from locally quarried limestone and was operational until January 1941 when the CNR terminated ...
      A number of steam locomotives are parked on the water tower lead, ...
  • 345 Wellington St. S., 1980s
        This storey and a half stone limestone house was built sometime in the 1860s. The house was first owned by James Elliott, it overlooked his quarry and kiln. Elliott was known for his work on the St. Marys Opera House which was constructed with stone from his quarry and lime ...
      This storey and a half stone limestone house was built sometime in ...
  • Town Hall, 1900
        "City Hall. St. Marys"
      "City Hall. St. Marys"
  • St. Marys District Museum
        Image of the St. Marys District Museum looking at the west facing entrance.
      Image of the St. Marys District Museum looking at the west facing ...
  • St. Marys Town Hall
        A view of the St. Marys Town Hall, the photo was taken looking from the South East corner of Church and Queen Street. This is one of four images in the set, all show the town hall with slightly different perspectives.
      A view of the St. Marys Town Hall, the photo was taken ...
  • St. Marys Town Hall
        View of the Town Hall taken from the South East corner of Church and Queen Street looking at the corner of the building. The image is one of four in a set which show the town hall from different perspectives.
      View of the Town Hall taken from the South East corner of ...
  • St. Marys Town Hall
        View of the Town Hall from Queen Street looking towards the corner of the building. This is one of four photos in a set, all showing the Town Hall from different perspectives.
      View of the Town Hall from Queen Street looking towards the corner ...
  • St. Marys Town Hall
        This picture of the Town Hall was taken from the south side of Queen Street.
      This picture of the Town Hall was taken from the south side ...
  • St. Marys Public Library
        This is the St. Marys Public Library which was built in 1905. The building was funded by Andrew Carnegie, a successful businessman who funded over one thousand libraries during his life time. The first librarian to work in the St. Marys Library is identified in newspapers as Miss King who ...
      This is the St. Marys Public Library which was built in 1905. ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.

thumbnail








Limestone buildings