Picture St. Marys
Winter


Records
We found 27 matching items.
Geographic Location:  XXXXX6157062YYYYY   Groups:  Winter   Sort by:  Relevance
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
Corner of Queen and Water Street, Winter 1948 
Image  Winter 1948  This photograph was taken during the winter of 1948, looking towards the L.A. Ball Store, on the corner of Queen and Water Streets. Automobiles can be seen lined up along the snowy street. Condition: Fair. Photo is worn with some curling and rippling of the paper.
Water Street Bridge, Winter 1948 
Image  Winter 1948  This photograph was taken during the winter of 1948. The image gives a view of the Water Street Bridge, built in 1898. Heavy snow has covered the bridge and sidewalks. Condition: Good. Paper is beginning to curl in some spots.
256 Emily Street, Winter 1948 
Image  Winter 1948  This is a photograph taken of the house at 256 Emily Street, in St. Marys. The photo was taken in the winter of 1948. Condition: Fair to good. Paper is thin and fragile with some light wear. Handle carefully.
St. Marys Museum, December 1996 
Image  31 Dec 1996  This is a photograph taken of the St. Marys Museum in December, 1996. Christmas decorations such as garland and red bows can be seen adorning the exterior of the building around the porch. The St. Marys Museum building was once known as the Tracy House. The house was built in 1854 by George...
St. Marys Museum 
Image  31 Dec 1996  This is a photograph taken of the St. Marys Museum during the winter of 1996. Christmas decorations such as garland and bows adorn the outside of the building. The St. Marys Museum was originally known as the Tracy House. The house was built in 1854, where George Tracy, an early settler, and his...
St. Marys Museum, December 1996 
Image  31 Dec 1996  This is a photograph of the St. Marys Museum taken during the month of December in 1996. Note the garland and red bows adorning the exterior of the museum for the holiday season. This photo was taken facing the museum building from Church Street South. The St. Marys Museum was originally owned...
St. Marys Museum, December 1996 
Image  31 Dec 1996  This is a photograph of the St. Marys Museum taken during the month of December in 1996. Note the garland and red bows adorning the exterior of the museum for the holiday season. This photo was taken facing the museum building from Church Street South. The St. Marys Museum was originally owned...
Knox Presbyterian Church, 1898 
Image  Winter 1898  A photo taken by amateur photographer Milton Reesor, showing the Knox Presbyterian Church in 1898. This was the second Presbyterian church on this site as the first, built in 1878, was destroyed by fire in 1891. This church would later burn down as well in 1905. The church was located directly...
Jones Street, Winter 1898 
Image  Winter 1898  A view of the north side of Jones Street showing the block between King and Peel Streets. The photo was taken by local photographer Milton Reesor in the winter of 1898. While some alterations have been made to their exteriors, the three houses visible in the photo are still standing today. An...
The Thames River in Winter, c. 1900-1903 
Image    A photograph giving a view of the Thames River looking northwest from the Sarnia Bridge in St. Marys. The photo was taken by local amateur photographer Milton Reesor in the winter likely sometime between 1900 and 1903; the exact date of the photo is unknown. The large house seen through the trees...
Ruins of Knox Church, 1905 
Image  12 Feb 1905  The ruins of the second Knox Presbyterian Church in St. Marys. This photo was taken by local photographer Milton Reesor on February 12, 1905. This church was once located on Church Street across from the St. James Anglican Church. The first Knox Presbyterian Church in St. Marys was built in 1879...
St. Andrew Street Looking North 
Image    A view of St. Andrew Street looking north. The houses from 56 St. Andrew Street S. northward to Queen Street are visible in the photo. The exterior of these five houses remain almost unchanged to this day. Milton Reesor, a local photographer, took this photo likely sometime between 1898 and 1905....
Residence of J. Corbett 
Image    A photo taken by local amateur photographer Milton Reesor showing the exterior of the Corbett residence. The house belonged to Jacob and Susannah Corbett and had been located on their corner lot property which is currently identified as 51 St. Andrew Street South. In 1912, the Corbetts built a...
Looking North on Church Street 
Image    A photo taken by local photographer Milton Reesor which gives a view down the hill of Church Street, across the bridge and up the hill of Church Street North. Reesor appears to have been standing at the corner of Church Street South and Elgin Street. The pipe fence once surrounding the Anglican...
Water Tower Covered in Ice 
Image    This photo features the water tower once located at the C.P.R. Line's Junction Station on Glass Street in St. Marys. The tower supplied water for the servicing of the locomotive steam engines stopping at the facility. The water tank stood atop a wooden substructure. Metal bands encased the tank to...
236 Emily St., 1980s 
Image    This house located at 236 Emily Street is still standing today. This image shows the house as it looked in the early 1980s. Structurally, the house looks similar today; however, some updates have been made to the exterior in recent years. This lot is believed to have first been owned by Andrew...
Guest House, Emily St., 1980s 
Image    This house, once located on the Thames River off of Emily Street, was built for local politician T.B. Guest. The house was demolished in the 1980s, shortly after this photograph was taken. Guest was elected the first Mayor of St. Marys in 1864. This large brick home was built for he and his family...
Queen Street on the Outskirts 
Image    This photo is taken from the outskirts of town and looks along Queen Street towards the downtown. Photo is in very good condition.
Sarnia Bridge in Winter 
Image  1970  This photograph shows the Sarnia Bridge in the winter. At the time that this photo was taken it would have still been in use as a train viaduct but it would later close in the late 1980's. Photo is in fair condition with some yellowing where the glue residue is located.
South Side of Queen St., 1980s 
Image    This photograph, taken in the early 1980s, provides a view of the south side of Queen Street, from Wellington to Church. Many historic buildings and businesses located in the downtown core are visible. These businesses include the Bank of Montreal, Guardian Drugs and the St. Marys Journal-Argus. A...
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
Comment on this item
Sort
Media Types
Contributors
Years
1900s 1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
1920s1920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
1940s1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
1960s1960196119621963196419651966196719681969
1970s 1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
1980s 1980198119821983198419851986198719881989
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Subjects

Only the top 50 will appear here.

Item Types
Groups
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Winter