Picture St. Marys
Exteriors


Records

Results

We found
796
matching items
Groups
Exteriors
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Stone Schoolhouse
    Image       This is a photo of the old stone schoolhouse that once existed on the southwest corner of Queen and James Streets. This building was not only the first school in St. Marys, but also operated as an Anglican Church and later the drill hall for the 110th Perth Battalion Platoon ...
    Image     This is a photo of the old stone schoolhouse that once existed on the southwest corner of Queen and James Streets. This building was not only the first school in ...
  • Stone schoolhouse
    Image       Photo of an old stone schoolhouse - the first schoolhouse to be built in St. Marys. This stone school was located on the southwest corner of James and Queen Streets. See Early St. Marys by L.W. Wilson and L.R. Pfaff for more information (#2).
    Image     Photo of an old stone schoolhouse - the first schoolhouse to be built in St. Marys. This stone school was located on the southwest corner of James and Queen Streets. ...
  • 36 Ontario Street North
    Image       Painting of Lauriston Cruttenden's home (36 Ontario Street North. There is a fence along the home's property line with several trees in view and cows in the field. This is a photograph (black and white) of an oil painting by Alice Cruttenden Stoddart done around 1860.
    Image     Painting of Lauriston Cruttenden's home (36 Ontario Street North. There is a fence along the home's property line with several trees in view and cows in the field. This is ...
  • First Hutton Block, ca. 1857
    Image       Very early photograph of the first Hutton Block (located on the northwest corner of Queen and Water Streets - where the present MacPherson Arts and Crafts store is located today. The photo shows the building, dirt road leading up Queen Street West (with 2 homes in view - one on ...
    Image     Very early photograph of the first Hutton Block (located on the northwest corner of Queen and Water Streets - where the present MacPherson Arts and Crafts store is located today. ...
  • CNR Station
    Image       This photograph shows the rail station in St. Marys, it was constructed in the late 1850's when the Grand Trunk line was extended through the area. It is still used today by train passengers as well as holding offices of local artists.
    Image     This photograph shows the rail station in St. Marys, it was constructed in the late 1850's when the Grand Trunk line was extended through the area. It is still used ...
  • Toronto House
    Image       View of one side of the building, the Toronto House, which was likely an early inn or hotel. It appears to have been situated on the right hand side of Queen street when looking West.
    Image     View of one side of the building, the Toronto House, which was likely an early inn or hotel. It appears to have been situated on the right hand side of ...
  • Queen Street St. Marys
    Image       An early photo of Queen Street looking West that was taken while the street was still a dirt road. The buildings were largely made of wood at this time. A sign advertising tickets for the Grand Trunk Railway can be seen on the left.
    Image     An early photo of Queen Street looking West that was taken while the street was still a dirt road. The buildings were largely made of wood at this time. A ...
  • First Presbyterian Church Manse
    Image       Copy of a photo of the First Presbyterian Church Manse - an early example of a brick house in St. Marys. This manse was built about 1860, but has since been replaced.
    Image     Copy of a photo of the First Presbyterian Church Manse - an early example of a brick house in St. Marys. This manse was built about 1860, but has since ...
  • Residence of Lauriston Cruttenden, Esq.
    Image       The residence of Lauriston Cruttenden Esq. Erected in the year - 1859 - in St. Marys Ontario Canada
    Image     The residence of Lauriston Cruttenden Esq. Erected in the year - 1859 - in St. Marys Ontario Canada
  • 157 Queen Street West- Dr. Ford's House
    Image       157 Queen Street West- Dr. Ford's House. Two women appear in the photograph. They may be Jane and Julia, Ford's wife and daughter. This home was built for Ford in 1857 and was known as Rosebank Cottage. The home still exists today. The home was designed by architect W. Graeme ...
    Image     157 Queen Street West- Dr. Ford's House. Two women appear in the photograph. They may be Jane and Julia, Ford's wife and daughter. This home was built for Ford in ...
  • Beattie Block
    Imagecomment       Reproduction of a stereoscope showing the Beattie Block with a group of people outside. This block was on the southwest corner of Queen and Church Streets.
    Imagecomment     Reproduction of a stereoscope showing the Beattie Block with a group of people outside. This block was on the southwest corner of Queen and Church Streets.
  • Mill and miller's house, 1860
    Image       Photo of the mill that used to be located on Queen Street East just before the Victoria bridge (on the east side of the bridge). The miller's house can also be seen in the background. This is the site of Thomas Ingersoll's 1843 grist mill. See "Early St. Marys" by ...
    Image     Photo of the mill that used to be located on Queen Street East just before the Victoria bridge (on the east side of the bridge). The miller's house can also ...
  • Mill and Miller's House, 1860
    Image       Photo of the mill that used to be located on Queen Street East just before the Victoria bridge (on the east side of the bridge). The miller's house can also be seen in the background. This is the site of Thomas Ingersoll's 1843 grist mill. See "Early St. Marys" by ...
    Image     Photo of the mill that used to be located on Queen Street East just before the Victoria bridge (on the east side of the bridge). The miller's house can also ...
  • Roman Catholic Rectory
    Image       This photo shows the Roman Catholic Rectory soon after it was built and is an excellent example of early limestone houses. The children from the separate school which was held in the building are posed in front along with their teachers, trustees, and the priest, possibly Father Boubat.
    Image     This photo shows the Roman Catholic Rectory soon after it was built and is an excellent example of early limestone houses. The children from the separate school which was held ...
  • West Ward School Class Picture
    Image       Students and teachers stand in front of West Ward School for a class portrait. At the time of the photo, the school had yet to be changed through additions which would be added on in later years. The West Ward School opened in 1866.
    Image     Students and teachers stand in front of West Ward School for a class portrait. At the time of the photo, the school had yet to be changed through additions which ...
  • J. Bartlett, Baker & Confectioner
    Image       Was on Water St from 1869
    Image     Was on Water St from 1869
  • Thames Mill Store
    Image       Thames Mill Store, 1870. East of Market Square, Queen Street.
    Image     Thames Mill Store, 1870. East of Market Square, Queen Street.
  • Ingersoll House
    Image       Photo of the Ingersoll house located on Queen Street West right by the Thames River (105-107 Queen Street West). The back part of the home was erected in 1843 and the front portion was erected in 1914. The house is made from limestone and is one of the oldest homes ...
    Image     Photo of the Ingersoll house located on Queen Street West right by the Thames River (105-107 Queen Street West). The back part of the home was erected in 1843 and ...
  • Dry Good and Grocery Store at 143 Queen Street East
    Image       Edward Long's new brick block with arcade, designed and built by Robert Barbour, c. 1874. Photo taken c. 1875. "The Sign of the Elephant."
    Image     Edward Long's new brick block with arcade, designed and built by Robert Barbour, c. 1874. Photo taken c. 1875. "The Sign of the Elephant."
  • Preliminary Sketch of the Andrews Building done by architect William Williams
    Image       Photocopy of the architectural drawings done by the architect William Williams of the proposed new building for Andrews jewelry store. This drawing shows the main entrance, the elaborate windows on the second floor, and a clock. The drawing does not show the tower though.
    Image     Photocopy of the architectural drawings done by the architect William Williams of the proposed new building for Andrews jewelry store. This drawing shows the main entrance, the elaborate windows on ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Exteriors