Picture St. Marys
Exteriors


Records
We found 600 matching items.
Geographic Location:  XXXXX6157062YYYYY   Groups:  Exteriors   Sort by:  Relevance
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
Ercildoune - Dr. Thomas Sparks' House 
Image    Photo of Ercildoune (236 Jones Street East - corner of Jones and King Streets). You can see some people standing by the porch as well as a horse and carriage. Ercildoune was originally built as a wedding gift to George Carter's daughter Charlotte when she married Henry Lincoln Rice in 1880....
Side view of Ercildoune 
Image    Photo of a group of people sitting outside Ercildoune (home of Dr. Thomas Sparks - 236 Jones Street East, St. Marys). The group includes: Mrs. George Grant (she lived at "Bliuk Bonnie" on King Street between the Eedy's and the Maxwell's), Isabel Cameron Sparks (daughter of Dr. Sparks), Dr. A....
W.V. Hutton home - Westover Park, 1884 
Image  1884  One side of a stereoview of the William Veal Hutton home called Westover Park. In this photo we can see the architecturally stunning conservatory that is at the back of the house. Westover Park was built in 1867 for William and Joseph Hutton, early settlers of St. Marys. The home has had many...
Home of Harold Maxwell 
Image    Photo of a house in the wintertime. This house is located on 31 King Street South in St. Marys and was known as the "Maxwell's house" as it was owned by Harold Maxwell and his family. The home was designated in 1987 as being of architectural value or interest. The reasons are listed below: The...
Holy Name of Mary Roman Catholic Church - 149 King Street North 
Image  1981  Photo of Holy Name of Mary Roman Catholic Church located at 149 King Street North. This photo was taken in 1981, so the Parish Hall is not in existence at this point (which would be located on the back right side of the building). The Church was built in 1892 in the Gothic style of architecture....
St. Marys Presbyterian Church - 147 Widder Street East 
Image  1981  Photo of the First Presbyterian Church located at 147 Widder Street East. This is how it appeared in 1981. Since then it has undergone some renovations including an addition to the Church to make more room for the very popular Sunday school. Was built in 1879-80 for the Presbyterians, using...
First Presbyterian Church Manse 
Image    Copy of a photo of the First Presbyterian Church Manse - an early example of a brick house in St. Marys. This manse was built about 1860, but has since been replaced. Condition: Copy is in very good condition.
The Park, South Ward 
Image    Tinted postcard view of Westover Park, located in the West Ward of St. Marys on Thomas Street. You can see the Westover house in the background with a lot of snow and trees in the foreground. Condition: Good. Worn and dirty and a little yellow. The Park, South Ward, St. Marys, Ont.
Exterior view of the St. Marys Journal office 
Image    Photo of the St. Marys Journal office which was located at 142 Queen Street East. A man can be seen looking out the right window, and another man's back can be seen in the left window. When the St. Marys Journal and the St. Marys Argus became one newspaper in the 1920s (to become the current St....
Upper portion of the 'Andrew's Jeweller' building, 1988 
Image  1988  Photo of the upper portion of the "Andrews Jeweller" building. The clock is in view as well as the engraved script. This is located at 135 Queen Street East and is still a jewelry store housing Anstett's Jewelers. This building was built in 1884 for William Andrews to house his jewelry...
Upper portion of MacPherson's Arts and Craft store 
Image  1988  Photo of the upper portion of MacPherson's Arts and Crafts store, located at 91 Queen Street East. In view is the mansard roof and some of the windows. Part of the stone building can be seen along the bottom along with more windows. Condition: Very good. Blue stain at bottom-centre but...
Ercildoune, 1905 
Image  1905  Photo of the Second Empire style home Ercildoune, located at 236 Jones Street East. This home was owned by the Sparks' family at the early part of the 20th Century. This photo shows some people standing in front of the veranda with a carriage seen at the side. Condition: Copy is very good.
"Maxwell house" at 191 Widder Street East 
Image    Photo of the exterior of 191 Widder Street East, St. Marys. It is one of three brick residences built for the Maxwell family who owned and operated the Maxwell factory which manufactured farm implements and other items (such as washing machines and lawn mowers). Condition: Copy is very good.
Queen Street, north side just west of Church Street, 1884 
Image  1884  Photo of the first few buildings on the north side of Queen Street just west of Church Street (TD Canada Trust is now on the corner). Condition: Copy is very good.
W. Moyes Carriage Works, 1890 
ImageMysteries:  1890  Photo of men all standing outside of W. Moyes Carriage Works. In front of the men is a carriage posed on the sidewalk. Two of the men are identified: William Moyes is on the far right with Robert Stewart standing beside him with the beard. This shop was located at 21 Wellington Street North...
Miller's House 
Image  ca. 1910  Photo of the small stone cottage located on St. Maria Street in St. Marys. This home once belonged to Gilbert McIntosh who has a woolen mill on Water Street. The house was built sometime before 1851 with the addition added in the 1860s. See 0687ph for a later view of this home (1980)....
398 Queen Street East, ca. 1887 
Image  ca. 1887  Photo of 398 Queen Street East. This photo was likely taken around 1887 when the house was purchased by Jerry White from the first owner, J.J. Crabb (the person for whom the house was built in 1879). This atmospheric photograph shows the original front and side verandas. The side veranda shows...
McPherson Arts and Crafts store building, 1884 
Image  1884  Photo of 91 Queen Street East, which currently houses McPherson Arts and Crafts. This photo was taken in 1884 after a redesign of the building. At the time a Mr. Chalmers owned this corner block. Condition: Copy is excellent.
Home on Robinson Street, 1930s 
Image  1930s  Photo of the "Sutherland house" located on Robinson Street taken sometime in the 1930s. Condition: Copy is excellent.
Stone Cottage at 181 Thomas Street 
Image  1919  Photo of a stone brick house that still exists on 181 Thomas Street in St. Marys. This photo taken in 1919 shows the original shutters, wooden fence and gateposts. It was built in 1863 by stonemason Alexander Grant to serve as his own home. This home was designated in 1988. Reasons for...
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
Comment on this item

Google Earth Google Earth [help]
Sort
Media Types
Contributors
Years
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Subjects

Only the top 50 will appear here.

Acts of Nature (2) Advertisements (2) Agriculture (3) Anglican churches (9) Apartments (4) Architecture (117) Automobiles (10) Bakeries (3) Banks (3) Baptist churches (5) Bridges (3) Buildings (160) business (13) Business districts (43) Businesses (54) Carriages & coaches (9) Catholic churches (3) Children (4) Churches (54) Churches - Knox Presbyterian Church (6) City and town halls (16) Clubhouses (4) Crowds (3) Day care (3) Downtown St. Marys (35) Dwellings (216) Employees (5) Factories (4) Families (4) Family (3) Fences (3) Fire stations (5) Fires (3) Floods (3) Galleries & museums (6) Garages (4) Garden rooms (3) Gardens (3) Group portraits (40) Hardware stores (7) Historic buildings (11) historical buildings (22) Historical Houses (116) Horses (11) Hospitals (3) Hotels (8) House (4) Industry (16) Jewelry stores (4) Landscapes (12) Libraries (6) limestone structure (7) Methodist churches (7) Mills (8) Monuments & memorials (3) Municipal - St. Marys (10) Nature (3) Newspapers (6) Ontario - St. Marys - Queen Street East (3) Opera houses (10) Parks (10) People (3) Photographs (6) Porches (6) Portrait (3) Portrait photographs (14) Post offices (4) Postcards (27) Presbyterian churches (13) public buildings (3) Queen Street St. Marys (22) Railroad stations (12) Railroads (11) Religious dwellings (4) Restaurants (3) Rivers (5) Roman Catholic churches (3) Ruins (3) Schools (21) Snow (8) St. Marys Public Library (5) Stone buildings (6) Stores & shops (27) Streetscape (9) Tabernacles (3) Thames River, St. Marys (5) Theaters (6) Theological seminaries (4) Town Hall (3) Town Hall, St. Marys (8) Transportation (12) Trees (4) United Churches (4) Victoria Bridge, St. Marys (4) Water (3) Water Street St. Marys (4) Water Tower, St. Marys (7) Water towers (6) Westover (Ont.)--History (11) Winter (19)
Item Types
Features
Groups
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Exteriors