Picture St. Marys
Knox Presbyterian Church


Records
We found 29 matching items.
Geographic Location:  XXXXX6157062YYYYY   Groups:  Knox Presbyterian Church   Sort by:  Relevance
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
Alexander Grant 
Image    Portrait of Alexander Grant, a preacher in St. Marys for 21 years starting in 1885. He is standing in a long wool jacket lined in fur, holding onto a muff. Condition: Some yellowing/browning (fairly even, except in bottom right hand of photo - possibly from some sort of adhesive); otherwise in...
Knox Church, St. Mary's, Ont. 
Image  Postmarked Nov 21, 1903  Postcard view of the former Knox Presbyterian church which was located on Church Street South across from St. James Anglican church. The first Knox Presbyterian Church in St. Marys was built in 1879, but was destroyed by fire in 1891, as was its replacement in 1905. By the 1950s the congregation...
Mrs. Alexander Grant nee: Anna Hudson 
Image    Photo of an older woman (Mrs. Alexander Grant) posed standing by a side table. She is wearing a long dark dress with a lace collar held together with a brooch. Anna (Grant) Hudson was the wife of Alexander Grant who was once a Minister at the Knox Presbyterian Church in St. Marys. Condition: a...
Rev. Alexander Grant 
Image    Photo of Rev. Alexander Grant (a preacher in St. Marys for 21 years starting in 1885 at the Knox Presbyterian Church). He is standing so that we get a nice side profile view. Condition: image is mildewed and scratched; matte is stained; not in great condition - limit exposure by using digital...
Grant Family 
Image  c. 1894  Family portrait of the Grant family. Back row: Julia Grant, Mr. Alexander Grant, Dick Grant Front row: Mrs. Anna Grant, Anne Grant, Janet Grant Condition: Fair to good for matting - some surface dirt and yellowing with right-bottom corner coming off. Image is good to very good with the image...
Rev. and Mrs. Alexander Grant 
Image    Photo of a woman and a man (Mrs. and Rev. Alexander Grant) posed seated in a parlour area. Mrs. Grant is wearing a very fancy headpiece holding something in her hands, while Mr. Grant is seated with his arm resting on a side table. Both are looking directly at the camera. Rev. Grant was a...
Knox Presbyterian Church Choir - 1895 
Image  1895  Group photo of the Knox Presbyterian Church Choir in 1895. There are men and women who are all standing and sitting posed for the camera in front of the organ pipes at the front of the church. The people have been identified as such: Back - Mackenzie, James Fleming, David Gibson, Richard...
Knox Church Session, 1907 
Image  1907  Photo of the men involved with the St. Marys Knox Presbyterian Church Session in 1907. There is one rectangular photo with the rest oval-shaped and placed around the rectangular one. Condition: Fair. Photos have browned and are silvering. Some photos have an orange fungus of some sort on...
Rev. Dr. John Waters, Minister of the Knox Presbyterian Church, St. Marys 
Image  Early 1870s  Carte de visite of the Reverend Dr. John Waters, who was the Minister of the Knox Presbyterian Church in St. Marys at one point. He is pictured here posed as though we have just caught him while he's been reading. He has long sideburns that just go slightly under his chin to form a bit of a...
Exterior of the second Knox Presbyterian Church 
Image  Sometime between 1891 and 1905  Photo of the second Knox Presbyterian Church. The Church was once located on Church Street South across from St. James Anglican church. The first Knox Presbyterian Church in St. Marys was built in 1879, but was destroyed by fire in 1891, as was its replacement in 1905. By the 1950s the...
Exterior of the first Knox Church building 
Image  ca. 1880s  Photo of the exterior of the first of the Knox Church buildings. The first Knox Presbyterian Church in St. Marys was built in 1879, but was destroyed by fire in 1891, as was its replacement in 1905. By the 1950s the congregation united with the other Presbyterian congregation, and in 1969 the...
Knox Presbyterian Church 
Image    Photo of the Knox Presbyterian Church that was located where the Knox Apartment building is now. This church was built in 1878 and burnt down in 1891. The second Knox church also burnt down. The third was demolished in the 1960s to make room for the Knox Apartment building. Condition: Okay. ...
Knox Apartments 
Image  1980  Photo of the Knox Apartments located on the former site of the Knox Presbyterian Church (northwest corner of Church and Elgin Streets). The building was constructed in 1980 (see St. Marys Journal Argus, May 21, 1980 - page 3). Condition: Good. Some yellowing and slightly dirty.
Second Knox Presbyterian Church, ca. 1900 
Image    Exterior view of the second Knox Presbyterian Church taken around 1900. Knox Presbyterian Church buildings were once located at 66 Church Street South where Knox Apartments is now located. This specific building was destroyed by fire in 1905 and rebuilt a third and final time (as the first...
First Knox Presbyterian Church, ca. 1880s 
Image    Photo of the exterior of the first Knox Presbyterian Church building. This building once stood where Knox Apartments is now located (66 Church Street South). This building was built in 1879 but unfortunately destroyed by fire in 1891. They rebuilt a new building which was also destroyed by...
Knox Presbyterian Church 
Image  Postmarked May 27, 1911  Postcard view of the former Knox Presbyterian church which was located on Church Street South across from St. James Anglican church. The first Knox Presbyterian Church in St. Marys was built in 1879, but was destroyed by fire in 1891, as was its replacement in 1905. By the 1950s the congregation...
Second Knox Presbyterian Church, 1901 
Image  July, 1901  Exterior view of the second Knox Presbyterian Church taken around 1901. Knox Presbyterian Church buildings were once located at 66 Church Street South where Knox Apartments is now located. This specific building was destroyed by fire in 1905 and rebuilt a third and final time (as the first...
Knox Presbyterian Church 
Image    Photo of the second Knox Presbyterian Church. The Church was once located on Church Street South across from St. James Anglican church. The first Knox Presbyterian Church in St. Marys was built in 1879, but was destroyed by fire in 1891, as was its replacement in 1905. By the 1950s the...
Knox Apartments 
Image  1984  Photo of the Knox Apartments located on the former site of the Knox Presbyterian Church (northwest corner of Church and Elgin Streets). The building was constructed in 1980 (see St. Marys Journal Argus, May 21, 1980 - page 3). Condition: Very good (obviously was a bright day).
Third Knox Presbyterian Church, ca. 1950 
Image  ca. 1950  Exterior view of the third Knox Presbyterian Church taken around 1950. The first Knox Presbyterian Church in St. Marys was built in 1879, but was destroyed by fire in 1891, as was its replacement in 1905. By the 1950s the congregation united with the other Presbyterian congregation, and in 1969...
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
Comment on this item

Google Earth Google Earth [help]
Sort
Media Types
Contributors
Years
1870s 1870187118721873187418751876187718781879
1880s 1880188118821883188418851886188718881889
1890s 1890189118921893189418951896189718981899
1900s 1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
1920s1920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
1940s1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s 1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
1960s1960196119621963196419651966196719681969
1970s1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
1980s 1980198119821983198419851986198719881989
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Subjects

Only the top 50 will appear here.

Item Types
Features
Groups
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Knox Presbyterian Church