Picture St. Marys
Stores & Businesses


Records

Results

We found
258
matching items
Groups
Stores & Businesses
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Beattie Block
    Imagecomment       Reproduction of a stereoscope showing the Beattie Block with a group of people outside. This block was on the southwest corner of Queen and Church Streets.
    Imagecomment     Reproduction of a stereoscope showing the Beattie Block with a group of people outside. This block was on the southwest corner of Queen and Church Streets.
  • Thames Mill Store
    Image       Thames Mill Store, 1870. East of Market Square, Queen Street.
    Image     Thames Mill Store, 1870. East of Market Square, Queen Street.
  • Bread Delivery Wagon
    Imagemystery       Bread delivery wagon. Inscription "W.J. Bartlett Baker" on the side of the wagon. There is an unknown man standing with the wagon.
    Imagemystery     Bread delivery wagon. Inscription "W.J. Bartlett Baker" on the side of the wagon. There is an unknown man standing with the wagon.
  • Dry Good and Grocery Store at 143 Queen Street East
    Image       Edward Long's new brick block with arcade, designed and built by Robert Barbour, c. 1874. Photo taken c. 1875. "The Sign of the Elephant."
    Image     Edward Long's new brick block with arcade, designed and built by Robert Barbour, c. 1874. Photo taken c. 1875. "The Sign of the Elephant."
  • Preliminary Sketch of the Andrews Building done by architect William Williams
    Image       Photocopy of the architectural drawings done by the architect William Williams of the proposed new building for Andrews jewelry store. This drawing shows the main entrance, the elaborate windows on the second floor, and a clock. The drawing does not show the tower though.
    Image     Photocopy of the architectural drawings done by the architect William Williams of the proposed new building for Andrews jewelry store. This drawing shows the main entrance, the elaborate windows on ...
  • Alonzo Martin Lumber and Coal Yard (1880s)
    Image       Photo showing Alonzo Martin Lumber & Coal Yard which was once located at the site of the stone water tower (southeast corner of Queen and James Streets). Two men can be seen standing on separate carts being pulled by horses with another man standing near the door of a building. ...
    Image     Photo showing Alonzo Martin Lumber & Coal Yard which was once located at the site of the stone water tower (southeast corner of Queen and James Streets). Two men can ...
  • William Andrews storefront, ca. 1880
    Image       On back: Andrew's Jewellery, ca. 1880 and ca. 1885 Former location: one door east of present Water's Jewellery Present location: 135 Queen Street East. Photographer of 1880 view: unknown Photographer of 1885 view: J. Leary
    Image     On back: Andrew's Jewellery, ca. 1880 and ca. 1885 Former location: one door east of present Water's Jewellery Present location: 135 Queen Street East. Photographer of 1880 view: unknown Photographer ...
  • Mrs. Herriot's Fancy Goods Store, ca. 1880s
    Imagemysterycomment       Mrs. Herriot was a great grand-mother of Elsie Willard Turnbull
    Imagemysterycomment     Mrs. Herriot was a great grand-mother of Elsie Willard Turnbull
  • Exterior view of the St. Marys Journal office
    Image       Photo of the St. Marys Journal office which was located at 142 Queen Street East. A man can be seen looking out the right window, and another man's back can be seen in the left window. When the St. Marys Journal and the St. Marys Argus became one newspaper in ...
    Image     Photo of the St. Marys Journal office which was located at 142 Queen Street East. A man can be seen looking out the right window, and another man's back can ...
  • Opera House, Horse and Carriage
    Image       This image is one in a series of postcards from the Reg Near collection. The image is a black and white photograph of the Opera house on Water street with a horse drawn carriage and a man sitting in the carriage. The image is likely from the early 20th century. ...
    Image     This image is one in a series of postcards from the Reg Near collection. The image is a black and white photograph of the Opera house on Water street with ...
  • W.J. Evans General Store
    Image       A photo of the W.J. Evans General Store once located in St. Marys. The image shows a store window displaying a variety of vegetables. The window appears to have been decorated for Thanksgiving.
    Image     A photo of the W.J. Evans General Store once located in St. Marys. The image shows a store window displaying a variety of vegetables. The window appears to have been ...
  • Employees of White & Co.
    Image       Back *says* incorrectly: Staff of G.B. Smith (tailors) 1881 (merchant - dry goods) Text from newspaper: The five young chaps shown in the above photograph, which was taken in 1881, were all employees of White & Co. (now White & May Co.), dry goods merchants. The central figure at the ...
    Image     Back *says* incorrectly: Staff of G.B. Smith (tailors) 1881 (merchant - dry goods) Text from newspaper: The five young chaps shown in the above photograph, which was taken in 1881, ...
  • Southwest Corner of Queen and Peel Streets
    Image       This photograph shows a view of the southwest corner of Queen and Wellington Streets. The building on the corner was built in 1980 as a blacksmith shop for Benjamin Robinson. The building has changed its appearance drastically over the years, but still stands and is now Stirling Tattoos and Lai ...
    Image     This photograph shows a view of the southwest corner of Queen and Wellington Streets. The building on the corner was built in 1980 as a blacksmith shop for Benjamin Robinson. ...
  • McPherson Arts and Crafts store building, 1884
    Image       Photo of 91 Queen Street East, which currently houses McPherson Arts and Crafts. This photo was taken in 1884 after a redesign of the building. At the time a Mr. Chalmers owned this corner block.
    Image     Photo of 91 Queen Street East, which currently houses McPherson Arts and Crafts. This photo was taken in 1884 after a redesign of the building. At the time a Mr. ...
  • Queen Street, north side just west of Church Street, 1884
    Image       Photo of the first few buildings on the north side of Queen Street just west of Church Street (TD Canada Trust is now on the corner).
    Image     Photo of the first few buildings on the north side of Queen Street just west of Church Street (TD Canada Trust is now on the corner).
  • Andrews Jeweller
    Image       "W. Andrews/ Established 1869"
    Image     "W. Andrews/ Established 1869"
  • Andrews Jeweller
    Image       "Andrews Jeweller/ Jeweller - W. Andrews - Optometrist"
    Image     "Andrews Jeweller/ Jeweller - W. Andrews - Optometrist"
  • Humphris, Richardson, and Humphris Lumber Mill
    Imagemystery       Humphris, Richardson, and Humphris Lumber Mill (now the Creamery Restaurant). Six men are pictured in front, the fifth from the left is possibly the architect Humphris. Photo ca. 1886.
    Imagemystery     Humphris, Richardson, and Humphris Lumber Mill (now the Creamery Restaurant). Six men are pictured in front, the fifth from the left is possibly the architect Humphris. Photo ca. 1886.
  • Chalmers Hardware Store, ca. 1885
    Image       Photo of Chalmer's Hardware Store which was located on the northwest corner of Queen and Water Street. The building is located at 91 Queen Street East, which currently houses McPherson Arts and Crafts. This photo was taken in 1884 after a redesign of the building.
    Image     Photo of Chalmer's Hardware Store which was located on the northwest corner of Queen and Water Street. The building is located at 91 Queen Street East, which currently houses McPherson ...
  • J.P. Rogers and Company
    Image       This photograph shows J.P. Rogers along with a clerk and a stock boy standing outside his store. The store was opened in 1885 after Rogers purchased the store, he would later move around to several different locations.
    Image     This photograph shows J.P. Rogers along with a clerk and a stock boy standing outside his store. The store was opened in 1885 after Rogers purchased the store, he would ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Stores & Businesses