Picture St. Marys
Industry in St. Marys


Records

Results

We found
215
matching items
Groups
Industry in St. Marys
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • "St. Marys West" sign and Allied
    Image       Colour showing the "ST MARYS WEST" sign on the railroad line as well as the Allied building (former Maxwell building) and the water tower.
    Image     Colour showing the "ST MARYS WEST" sign on the railroad line as well as the Allied building (former Maxwell building) and the water tower.
  • Looking north long the Thames River, 1984
    Image       View of St. Marys looking north along the Thames River (summer, 1984). The Queen Street bridge is out as it is being repaired and the Sarnia railway bridge can be seen far off in the distance. The old railway tracks are still down by the river as well as the ...
    Image     View of St. Marys looking north along the Thames River (summer, 1984). The Queen Street bridge is out as it is being repaired and the Sarnia railway bridge can be ...
  • St. Marys Cement Plant
    Image       This image shows the cement plant after the 1977 expansion. Construction on the original facility began in 1911 and proved challenging as hydro power had to be pulled from Niagara. It also required an increased need for rail services. Even before construction work began, there had been talks with the ...
    Image     This image shows the cement plant after the 1977 expansion. Construction on the original facility began in 1911 and proved challenging as hydro power had to be pulled from Niagara. ...
  • Underground Holding Tank
    Image       This is a photograph of an underground holding tank. One man is on top of the tank and another is beside it.
    Image     This is a photograph of an underground holding tank. One man is on top of the tank and another is beside it.
  • St Marys Cement Plant Conveyor Belt Over Thames River
    Image       This is a photograph of a conveyor belt belonging to the St. Marys Cement Plant that transports materials over the Thames River. From the St Marys Cement website: St Marys Cement was founded in 1912 by John Lind and Alfred Rogers. Together they led a small group of investors in ...
    Image     This is a photograph of a conveyor belt belonging to the St. Marys Cement Plant that transports materials over the Thames River. From the St Marys Cement website: St Marys ...
  • Aerial view of Thames Crest Farms
    Image       On back: THAMES CREST FARMS St. Marys, Ontario, Canada Breeders of Holstein Cattle and Royal Pastel Mink
    Image     On back: THAMES CREST FARMS St. Marys, Ontario, Canada Breeders of Holstein Cattle and Royal Pastel Mink
  • Hinde and Dauch Factory
    Image       This photograph shows the Hinde and Dauch Factory that was located on James Street South. The plant produced paper products and today the building houses the Norampac factory.
    Image     This photograph shows the Hinde and Dauch Factory that was located on James Street South. The plant produced paper products and today the building houses the Norampac factory.
  • Aerial View of Cement Plant
    Image       This photograph shows an aerial view of the cement plant.
    Image     This photograph shows an aerial view of the cement plant.
  • Park View Creamery
    Image       Photo of the Parkview Creamery taken sometime in the 1970s. The Parkview Creamery is located at 120 Parkview Drive and was once a functioning creamery. The building is now used as a restaurant "The Parkview Creamery" (locally called "The Creamery") and has recently (2009) undergone some interior renovations.
    Image     Photo of the Parkview Creamery taken sometime in the 1970s. The Parkview Creamery is located at 120 Parkview Drive and was once a functioning creamery. The building is now used ...
  • Construction of DeLong Factory
    Image       Construction of the De Long Factory, January 1958. This factory was built to replace the original De Long Factory on Emily Street. This building on Egan Avenue later housed Dresden Industries and was closed ca. 2003.
    Image     Construction of the De Long Factory, January 1958. This factory was built to replace the original De Long Factory on Emily Street. This building on Egan Avenue later housed Dresden ...
  • Construction of Hinde and Dauch Plant
    Image       Construction of Hinde and Dauch Plant. December 3, 1957. Cranes can be seen working on the frame of the building.
    Image     Construction of Hinde and Dauch Plant. December 3, 1957. Cranes can be seen working on the frame of the building.
  • Aerial Photograph of The Great Star Flour Mills, ca. 1958
    Image       Aerial photograph of the Great Star Flour Mills, ca. 1958. The photo shows the Opera House with the mill buildings attached and the train coming through at the back.
    Image     Aerial photograph of the Great Star Flour Mills, ca. 1958. The photo shows the Opera House with the mill buildings attached and the train coming through at the back.
  • Sclater's Lime Kiln located in the North Ward, ca. 1953
    Image       Photo of the site of the former Sclater's lime kiln (located in the North Ward on Widder Street East).
    Image     Photo of the site of the former Sclater's lime kiln (located in the North Ward on Widder Street East).
  • John Bell pointing out Sclater's Lime Kiln in the North Ward, ca. 1953
    Image       Photo of reporter John Bell pointing out the site of the former Sclater's lime kiln (located in the North Ward on Widder Street East).
    Image     Photo of reporter John Bell pointing out the site of the former Sclater's lime kiln (located in the North Ward on Widder Street East).
  • John Bell pointing out Sclater's Lime Kiln in the North Ward, ca. 1953
    Image       Photo of reporter John Bell pointing out the site of the former Sclater's lime kiln (located in the North Ward on Widder Street East).
    Image     Photo of reporter John Bell pointing out the site of the former Sclater's lime kiln (located in the North Ward on Widder Street East).
  • Forsyth Limited Group Staff Photo, 1951
    Imagemystery       Forsyth Limited Group Staff Photo, 1951. * note: 2487ph shows Forsyth employees of 1950. Some of these people may be the same.
    Imagemystery     Forsyth Limited Group Staff Photo, 1951. * note: 2487ph shows Forsyth employees of 1950. Some of these people may be the same.
  • C. Richardson & Co Staff, 1950
    Imagemystery       C. Richardson & Co. Staff 1950.
    Imagemystery     C. Richardson & Co. Staff 1950.
  • John Forsyth Limited, St. Marys, June 1950.
    Imagemystery       John Forsyth Limited, St. Marys, June 1950. Portrait of all employees. back row (left to right): Carol Partridge,Kay Wilmore, Lillian Wastelle, Mrs. Jacques, Mrs. Weir,____________, _______ Bronzi, Reg Bradley, Bob Cousins, _______ Dundas, Marjorie Haines, Bianca Bronzi, Velma Hall, Eleanor Mossey, __________, Pauline Cavanaugh, ___________. third row (left to right): ...
    Imagemystery     John Forsyth Limited, St. Marys, June 1950. Portrait of all employees. back row (left to right): Carol Partridge,Kay Wilmore, Lillian Wastelle, Mrs. Jacques, Mrs. Weir,____________, _______ Bronzi, Reg Bradley, Bob ...
  • Great Star Flour Mill, ca. 1950
    Image       Photo of the Great Star Flour Mill as seen from across the river (Thomas Street). The old railway line can be seen with a train on it and all the old buildings that used to be out in behind the Opera House (which had been gutted in order to be ...
    Image     Photo of the Great Star Flour Mill as seen from across the river (Thomas Street). The old railway line can be seen with a train on it and all the ...
  • Richardson Foundry, 1950s
    Image       Photo of Richardson Foundry taken sometime in the 1950s. The foundry was located on Wellington Street South.
    Image     Photo of Richardson Foundry taken sometime in the 1950s. The foundry was located on Wellington Street South.
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Industry in St. Marys