Picture St. Marys
Downtown St. Marys


Records

Results

We found
485
matching items
Groups
Downtown St. Marys
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Downtown St. Marys c.a. 1900
    Image       View of Queen St. taken from the Victoria Bridge looking east.
    Image     View of Queen St. taken from the Victoria Bridge looking east.
  • Rear of the Opera House, 1993
    Image       Photo showing the rear of the Opera House. Cars parked in the rear parking lot can also be seen.
    Image     Photo showing the rear of the Opera House. Cars parked in the rear parking lot can also be seen.
  • Rear of M&M Variety store, 1993
    Image       Photo showing the rear of the M&M Variety store. The back entrance door can be seen as well as a part of the Opera House building and back parking area.
    Image     Photo showing the rear of the M&M Variety store. The back entrance door can be seen as well as a part of the Opera House building and back parking area.
  • McPherson Craft Store & corner of Water and Queen Streets
    Image       Photo showing the northeast and southeast corner of Water and Queen Streets. The McPherson Arts and Crafts building is visible on the southeast corner with L.A. Ball Furniture and Funeral Chapel on the northeast. A mobility bus can be seen just reaching the intersection.
    Image     Photo showing the northeast and southeast corner of Water and Queen Streets. The McPherson Arts and Crafts building is visible on the southeast corner with L.A. Ball Furniture and Funeral ...
  • St. Marys Opera House, 1993
    Image       Photo showing the Opera House in 1993. The building was built for the St. Marys chapter of the Imperial Order of Oddfellows in 1879/80. The Oddfellows occupied the third floor of the building, with the second floor containing the stage for performances and the first floor rented out to businesses ...
    Image     Photo showing the Opera House in 1993. The building was built for the St. Marys chapter of the Imperial Order of Oddfellows in 1879/80. The Oddfellows occupied the third floor ...
  • St. Marys Town Hall, 1993
    Image       Photo of the Town Hall as seen in 1993. The photo has been taken from the southwest side of Church and Queen Street, likely from the sidewalk.
    Image     Photo of the Town Hall as seen in 1993. The photo has been taken from the southwest side of Church and Queen Street, likely from the sidewalk.
  • St. Marys Public Library, 1993
    Image       View of the St. Marys Public Library which was built in 1904 thanks to a grant from the Andrew Carnegie foundation.
    Image     View of the St. Marys Public Library which was built in 1904 thanks to a grant from the Andrew Carnegie foundation.
  • L.A. Ball Funeral Home and Furniture, 1993
    Image       Photo of the back section of L.A. Ball Funeral Home and Furniture store taken in 1993.
    Image     Photo of the back section of L.A. Ball Funeral Home and Furniture store taken in 1993.
  • Sir Joe's restaurant
    Image       Photo showing the old St. Marys Post Office with the neighbouring buildings visible. The Post Office was built on Water Street and also served as the Customs Office. The Post Office was built around 1903. This building is now a restaurant called Damen's, but as this photo shows it was ...
    Image     Photo showing the old St. Marys Post Office with the neighbouring buildings visible. The Post Office was built on Water Street and also served as the Customs Office. The Post ...
  • St. Marys Pentecostal Assembly
    Image       Photo of the St. Marys Pentecostal Assembly façade which used to be located at 14 Church Street North. This photo is in black and white and would have been taken in the winter time around 1990.
    Image     Photo of the St. Marys Pentecostal Assembly façade which used to be located at 14 Church Street North. This photo is in black and white and would have been taken ...
  • Old sale poster for A. Beattie & Co.
    Image       Words that can be seen on poster: OUT SALE OF THE DRY GOODS STOCK OF A. BEATTIE & CO WILL BEGIN MONDAY, SEPTEMBER AT THE CURLING RINK (unreadable) DOORS OPEN AT 10 A.M.
    Image     Words that can be seen on poster: OUT SALE OF THE DRY GOODS STOCK OF A. BEATTIE & CO WILL BEGIN MONDAY, SEPTEMBER AT THE CURLING RINK (unreadable) DOORS OPEN ...
  • Upper portion of MacPherson's Arts and Craft store
    Image       Photo of the upper portion of MacPherson's Arts and Crafts store, located at 91 Queen Street East. In view is the mansard roof and some of the windows. Part of the stone building can be seen along the bottom along with more windows.
    Image     Photo of the upper portion of MacPherson's Arts and Crafts store, located at 91 Queen Street East. In view is the mansard roof and some of the windows. Part of ...
  • Upper portion of the 'Andrew's Jeweller' building, 1988
    Image       Photo of the upper portion of the "Andrews Jeweller" building. The clock is in view as well as the engraved script. This is located at 135 Queen Street East and is still a jewelry store housing Anstett's Jewelers. This building was built in 1884 for William Andrews to house his ...
    Image     Photo of the upper portion of the "Andrews Jeweller" building. The clock is in view as well as the engraved script. This is located at 135 Queen Street East and ...
  • Children's Boutique and Toy Store, 1987
    Image       This is a photograph of 145 Queen Street East in April 1987. This building was constructed during the 1850s or 1960s. In 1910, a red brick facade was added. In this photograph, the left half of the building is a children's boutique and the right half is a toy store.
    Image     This is a photograph of 145 Queen Street East in April 1987. This building was constructed during the 1850s or 1960s. In 1910, a red brick facade was added. In ...
  • St. Marys Furniture
    Image       This is a photograph of the furniture store that was once located at 158 Queen Street East, where Village Craft and Candle is now (August 2018). Built in 1903 to house the Garner and Harrison furniture business, this building functioned as a furniture store for many years. From 1960-1980, the ...
    Image     This is a photograph of the furniture store that was once located at 158 Queen Street East, where Village Craft and Candle is now (August 2018). Built in 1903 to ...
  • Queen Street looking east from the southeast corner of Queen and Water Streets, 1984
    Image       Photo showing Queen Street looking east from the southeast corner of Queen and Water Streets. On the north side of the street we can see (from left to right) Marty's Men's and Ladies' Shop, Pro Hardware, Simpson-Sears, A&N Store, Claude Electrics, Victoria and Grey (on northwest corner of Queen and ...
    Image     Photo showing Queen Street looking east from the southeast corner of Queen and Water Streets. On the north side of the street we can see (from left to right) Marty's ...
  • Queen Street looking west from the corner of Queen and Church Streets, 1984
    Image       Photo showing Queen Street looking west from the southeast corner of Queen and Church Streets. The Toronto Dominion Bank (now TD Canada Trust) can be seen on the northwest corner (its entrance is now located on Church Street, whereas in this photo it is on Queen Street).
    Image     Photo showing Queen Street looking west from the southeast corner of Queen and Church Streets. The Toronto Dominion Bank (now TD Canada Trust) can be seen on the northwest corner ...
  • Waghorn, Stephens, De Young Law Office
    Image       Photo of the exterior of Waghorn, Stephens and De Young law office located at 21 Wellington Street North.
    Image     Photo of the exterior of Waghorn, Stephens and De Young law office located at 21 Wellington Street North.
  • St. Marys Journal Argus - 142 Queen Street East
    Image       Photo of the St. Marys Journal Argus taken in 1984. Ads for various businesses and garage sales (et cetera) can be seen posted to the windows. 142 Queen Street East is now the location of The Chocolate Factory.
    Image     Photo of the St. Marys Journal Argus taken in 1984. Ads for various businesses and garage sales (et cetera) can be seen posted to the windows. 142 Queen Street East ...
  • Royal Bank, Andrews Jeweller and Thames Restaurant, 1984
    Image       Photo showing the Royal Bank building, the Andrews Jeweller building and the Thames Restaurant building located on the north side of Queen Street starting at the northeast corner of Queen and Wellington Streets. Cars can be seen parked in front of the Andrews and Thames Restaurant buildings with a trash ...
    Image     Photo showing the Royal Bank building, the Andrews Jeweller building and the Thames Restaurant building located on the north side of Queen Street starting at the northeast corner of Queen ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Downtown St. Marys


Various views of the downtown core.